Janis didn't even need to ask as Cady was already running out of the house into the direction of Janis truck. She was only in shorts and a crop top. She must be freezing. Her usually perfectly combed auburn hair was disheveled, her eyes red and puffy from crying and her cheeks slightly flushed. She looked... broken. Her car door opened and Cady threw herself onto the seat slamming the door shut again.

"Cady-"

"Please just drive... please" Janis heart broke yet again at the amount of hurt in Cadys voice. She wanted to know what's going on but she knew pushing Cady wouldn't make it better, so she started the car and started driving home.

There was a dead, thick silence between them, only interrupted by Cadys silent cries.

Janis looked over at her as they stopped at a traffic light.

Cady was looking down into her lap, her hair falling down, hiding her beautiful face from Janis. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was panting slightly, shaking like a leaf. Janis couldn't tell if she was cold or if it was because of the state of shock she was in. Janis didn't know what to say. What would make Cady feel better. So she turned on the radio, putting on Cadys favorite playlist and shrugged of her Jacket, gently putting it over Cadys shoulders.

Cady instantly wrapped it tightly around her, almost burying herself into the fabric as the first notes of 'Oblivion' started playing. Janis was never a real fan of Bastille but she knew that Cady knew every word to every song of them. Maybe the familiarity would calm her down a little.

Still Cady didn't speak another word until Janis parked in her driveway.

"Are your parents home?" She asked quietly.

"No.. Don't worry they're out of state for a couple of days."

Cady nodded and followed Janis into the house.

"You can sit down if you want I'll be right back."

Janis made her way to the kitchen making some tea for the both of them. She was unsure how to go from there though. A purely terrified Cady was sitting on her couch, crying her heart out and she didn't even know the reason for it. The only thing she knew was that Cady was hurting. And Felix was the cause of it. And he will definitely pay for it.

-------------------------

Cady sat down on Janis couch still holding tight onto the jacket. She didn't know why but somehow the familiar scent of Peppermint tea, acrylic paint and lemon always calmed her down a little. She was far away from being relaxed, but it was a start.

Cady felt... Well how did she feel? She couldn't define this dark emotion which was fully consuming her at that specific moment. The events of what happened were replaying over and over again in her head. Why did that just happen? Was it her fault? Was it wrong to let Janis come and get her?

She was lost in her own dark thoughts until she heard the sound of a ceramic mug coming in contact with the hard wood coffee table.

"Your favorite." Janis said quietly, before sitting down beside her holding another mug in both of her hands. She took a sip not taking her eyes of her. Cady knows that she wants to know what happened, she wants to help and probably hold her for the rest of the night. But how could Cady tell her if she was so confused herself?

"Do you want to be alone?" 

Cady shook her head. Even though she couldn't talk about it yet, she didn't want to be alone with her thoughts. She was glad when Janis nodded, scooting just a little bit closer to Cady. Close but not too close. Just enough to feel that she wasn't alone. That someone actually was there for her, and cared about her. It was a good feeling. Like a little light shining in an endless field of darkness around her.