you should ask siddiq to look at you.

     rosaline was unsure of how to answer. she pointed backward at siddiq and henry, then made an 'x' shape with her arms. the brunette was hoping that connie would catch on as that being a message that said 'he's busy with henry.'

     she wrote again.

     when he's done.

     rosa nodded, daryl strolling over to them both, "everything okay?"

     connie pointed took rosaline to the side, asking him to wait. he scoffed, turning to look at michonne who took lydia and henry aside for a conversation. his plans were to find judith. he knew that his wife was looking for her all over.

     "can't argue with her." rosaline chuckled nervously and then looked to connie.

     the mute woman pointed to her, then wrote on the page.

i think you're pregnant.
it's best you check.

     the breath seemed to be knocked out of rosaline, the color draining from her face. pregnant at a time like this? this would've been okay a few years ago, not now. she and daryl did plan on it, but perhaps the timing was a bit off.

     rosa gulped, stepping inside of the infirmary with connie. now that she had thought about it, her period had been weeks late. she only prayed that was the case - as a teenager she did have irregular periods.

     "anything i can help you with, rosaline?" the doctor asked, giving her a kind smile.

     she rubbed the back of her neck, "actually, yes."

     "alright. what's wrong?"

      "connie thinks i'm pregnant." the brunette deadpanned. siddiq stopped dead in his tracks, "i don't know if its just my sickness anymore."

     slowly, he turned to face her, "with daryl?"

     "who else?" she joked, nervously, "do you have a test?"

     "yeah. sure." he nodded, walking over to one of the shelves that held all his medicinal storage, then passed it over to her, "are you going to tell him?"

     rosaline raised her head, sweat already beading at her forehead, "i'll have to. he's also the one who had the idea to send me to you weeks ago."

     "good."

     with a sigh, she slid the test into her back pocket, nodding a quick thanks to connie. the two waved each other goodbye as rosa went to find daryl. rhaegar was waiting out at the porch of the infirmary. horizon would be hanging out nearby daryl, so that was a quick way to catch up to him.

     the woman bent down, "hey boy. do me a favor, find daryl."

    the canine barked, speeding off in the direction of where he'd caught the scent of his belgian malinois friend. it wasn't long until she spotted them, sitting at the docks of the lake where the water was being converted to energy in a water wheel.

     all of the wood panels below her creaked as she approached, judith spinning around to meet her sister's eyes, "rosie!" she yelled out happily, hopping to her feet and racing towards her.

     rosaline laughed, extending her arms until the girl slammed into her with a big hug, lifting the girl off of the ground, "you're getting heavy." she commented, "what were you two talking about?"

     "hilltop." the child answered eagerly, leading her over to where they were sitting, "daryl was telling me what happened."

     daryl let his wife settle between them, her head resting on his shoulder, "so what'd he say?"

     "i was asking if hilltop is in danger."

     the marksman looked at her, "we don't know. might be."

     "but you helped lydia anyways." she shrugged.

     "no, i went to get henry." he muttered, "lydia just kind of tagged along."

     "in the end you let her come." rosaline reminded, chuckling slightly. daryl shot her a look.

     judith shuffled, "you brought her here. that means you want to help. i want to help, too."

     daryl nodded, "i know you do. we know."

     she looked at them both, "would you stay if my mom says it's okay?"

     "nah. we should keep movin'. your mom's right. keeping you and rj safe. that's- that's what's important." he reminded.

     rosaline sighed, she knew that this answer would come from him. now that you had set him free, daryl would never want to come back. things weren't the same - however, there was a chance he'd have a different outlook on this if rosaline took the test and told him the results. if they were positive, he'd definitely make them stay at one of the communities.

     but this wasn't about her.

     "what about rosie?" the little girl implored, arching a curious brow, "she's my sister too."

     rosaline squeezed her sister into her body for a moment, "i can take care of myself and daryl can take care of me."

     "yeah, but we're not the only people who are important." judith said, "I've heard the stories. how everyone fought the saviors and won. we can do that again."

     daryl shook his head, "you haven't heard all the stories."

     her stare hardened, "I heard the story where negan helped rosaline."

     the couple stopped to exchange a look, their gazes swaying from judith and to themselves. rosaline was the first to speak, "he did. that doesn't make everything he did right."

     "he also told me how you were the one to help him. when daddy almost killed him. he remembers all of that." she continued leaning forward to meet eyes with daryl, "that's important to him. rosie is kind. never lose sight of the fact that you've been blessed with the best wife."

     she didn't really have a response to that. daryl knew that everything that judith had just said was true. the little girl had brought them both to utter silence. speechless.

     "either way, what would my dad do about those people?" she asked. there was another silence, "yeah that's what i thought."

     judith had grown into a fine little girl. she wasn't stupid, and you couldn't play stupid to her.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     i love judith so much. she's a great character also an easter egg. plus... pregnancy scare?

     don't forget to vote and comment!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────