suddenly, the door handle started to move. someone was trying to get in. rosaline could feel her breath quicken as her heart began to pound in her chest. she hated situations like this - it was the slightest bit cramped and someone was after them. sometimes, she connected things like this to her bad experiences.

     connie placed a finger to her lips, telling henry to be quiet as he let out a quiet gasp. the teenager hid behind a stack of metal shelves while rosaline joined connie at the back, her bow already tensing.

     thud!

     he managed to get the first one down. there wasn't any time to process the situation as another whisperer slid into the room, a knife raised up near their shoulder, ready to strike.

     henry sprinted off in the other direction before they could catch him. rosaline rose to her feet with connie, the two using their weapons to kill the second.

     they attempted to follow after him, but the door opening halted them. rosa used her reflexes grasping onto connie's sleeve to shove her out of the way as a whisperer attempted to throw a knife at her. she managed to get to her just in the nick of time, the blade lodging itself into a wooden shelf.

     the mute woman attempted to slingshot the person who had tried to kill her, but they slipped out of her way just as she let the first rock fly. rhaegar appeared at their side, snarling and baring his teeth.

     rosaline heard a yelp, that sounded like it belonged to henry, without a second thought, she took the german shepherd's chain-link collar, shoving him in the direction of the noise. he raced off, joining horizon in attacking the whisperer that was after henry.

     at the side, she spotted a whisperer going for connie. as fast as lightning, the arrow ready on the string of her bow, sliced through the air and ended up in the enemy's foot, throwing them to the ground where connie slammed her knife through their back, bringing their life to an end.

     the two women found their way back to the teenagers, rosaline falling next to the blonde boy as she saw the blood pouring out of his leg, "what happened?"

     "knife through the leg." the boy answered, his breathing labored.

     beside him lydia was already feeling regretful of not letting him kill her people, "i'm so sorry. can you help him?"

     "only if we have the right things." the brunette uttered out, "ask connie if she has the right things stashed away."

     the girl did as she was told, connie was already writing something on her notepad.

not sure.
enemies could be there.

     "well?"

     rosaline pried at his ripped jeans, "he's going to need stitches."

     lydia's hands went to her forehead, "sorry."

     "not your fault." she comforted, "he's going to be fine. we just need to get him some help. i might not be as good as siddiq, but i learned some things from him easily."

     even though the girl may have no idea who she was talking about, she was glad for those people teaching rosa what she needed to do. or they could get him help from one of the communities if they managed to get away.

     what seemed like an eternity had passed. fortunately, daryl had come back, with supplies in his backpack too. connie was going to check if there were still walkers near the building while rosaline worked on henry's injuries. she managed to lure out the walkers and kill some of them to clear a path.