Annabeth Chase × Reader

My friend was asked to give me a writing prompt. She gave me this: 2 people who love-hate each other or are competing at something and fall in love.

Y/g/p = your godly parent

Hope you enjoy!

"Ugh! She always has to be top of the class, while I'm trying to do the same!" I complained to Leo, my best friend.

Leo munched on his snacks as he watched me pace the floor of my cabin.

"She is a daughter of Athena, y'know, goddess of wisdom." He reminded me.

"That's true, but we know she's smart. She has no need to prove herself! I need to show them that I'm smart too." I told the curly haired boy.

"M'kay y/n, do what you want." He said becoming bored.

A week or two went by at Camp as I studied day and night. I barely took breaks to rest, I had to prove myself. I couldn't just be another y/g/p kid!

Your friends, the 7 demigods, and your siblings took notice of your strange behavior. But it wasn't until you fell asleep at lunch, that Annabeth, the girl you thought you hated, came to see you.

"Y/n?" She tapped me on the shoulder

"Mhm?" I hummed

"Can I sit down here?"

"Yeah . . ." I said begrudgingly

"What's up?" She asked

"What do you mean?" I questioned, bleary eyed

"Leo told me you haven't gotten much sleep. And I know you don't like me, but are you okay?" She said sadly.

"I'm fine." I lied.

I was so tired, and all for what? To beat Annabeth? She was better than me in so many ways. I'd never be able to outsmart her and her perfect self.

She sighed. "No, you're not. I can obviously see it on your face; you're exhausted."

"I- I just need a chance to prove myself. But you're always in the spotlight. I can't be just another y/g/p kid!"

"Y/n," she paused, "you're not just another y/g/p kid. At least, not to me." She blushed, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why is that?" I asked confused.

"B-because, I see the real you. You always do your best at everything. That's probably why I like you, you're persistent." She confessed.

"Wh-what?!" I stuttered. "I thought you hated me!"

"Why would I?" She said surprised.

"Because, we're always competing!"

"I've been doing that to get your attention silly." She chuckled.

"Well it worked." I huffed. "I like you too Annabeth." I told her.

After a moment of relieved silence she spoke.

"Do you maybe want to practice together sometime?"

"I'd like that."

From then on, you and Annabeth had a lot of study dates. The pair of you became an unbeatable genius duo and an OTP ship around camp.

Thanks for reading!