Mrs. Marsh curved her lips into a pleasant smile. "Of course, you're welcome to schedule a session with me if you need to."

Heck, no. Evanna straightened up and smiled back. "Thanks, ma'am."

"It's a matter of time before you find yourself involved with some boy again." She made a tut-tutting noise that Evanna had come to associate with her. "Clearly, you have the propensity for it. Kids nowadays and their raging hormones. It wasn't this bad back in the day—they were much better behaved."

Evanna bit back a disgruntled snort at what occurred to her as a simplistic stereotype of teens that she was being nudged into.

"As I said before, boys are little devils. Stay away from them."

"But in ten years, everyone would be bugging me to tie the knot with one," Evanna blurted out.

The counselor stared at her as if she were a puppy that backflipped when commanded to sit. Fidgeting in her seat, Evanna directed her gaze at the expansive windows, which displayed clear blue skies painted with gauzy streamers of cirrus clouds. Great, Ev. Why can't you keep your mouth shut? Am I going to be subjected to the agony of another session now?

Mrs. Marsh cleared her throat, her face reverting to its original state. "That would be in ten years. They'd grow into mature men by then."

Evanna thought of the guys in her classes and tried to imagine them as "mature men". She stifled a giggle.

"Well, off you go then," the teacher said, her plump hand making a flapping motion.

"Okay, see you later, ma'am. Thanks again."

Evanna hastily got up and made her way out, as if one second longer would overturn her good fortune.

As she hurried away from the pastel green room, her spirits lifted like she was surfacing for air after being submerged in a swamp.

Ten minutes later, Evanna wandered into the cafeteria in Building Alpha.

"Oh, you're back!" Marilda exclaimed when she plopped down in front of her.

"Yep." She eyed the glass of orange juice on the table.

"You want some?"

"I'm gonna get one myself!" Evanna grinned. "I always just get lime juice."

The other girl peered at her. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Yeah, no more counseling!"

"Cool! It's crazy your mom forced you to go to Marsh in the first place."

Evanna trotted over to where fruit juice was made—counters of metallic black accented with grey wood and LED strips. Three people manned the blenders, which ground up everything from purple carrots to passion fruits in bright swirls of color.

While they made her orange juice, she swept her gaze over the airy cafeteria. House banners and streamers festooned the place—mementos of the Sports Day that was held the week before.

The black unicorn of Tsunokory stood out on white, while the bronze gryphon of Shirotsume emblazoned the adjacent banner. Further away, the thunderbird of Raitory rested on a sea of green. However, it was obvious which house won.

Dominating the cafeteria were the reds of Benriuka with its fire-breathing dragon.

Juice obtained, Evanna maneuvered her way back to the table. She caught the eye of several classmates along the way and exchanged smiles with them. It occurred to her how familiar the place had become in the past two months.