─﹔ 𝗆𝗒 𝖼𝗋𝖺𝗌𝗁

𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗆𝗂𝖺 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝖻𝗎𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀

𝗃𝗎𝗅𝗒, 𝟤𝟢𝟢𝟨

         -𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰- Their teacher said standing up from her seat in front of them. All the girls bowed silently to the elder women watching her leave the room, carrying in her arms as always the notebook with her comments about the performance.

Every girl on the practice craved to be able to sneak a peak, but none of them would ever dare to do so. They knew that it was information that would only be passed out to the CEO of the company and the answer they would get would only come as a notice of who will be the next to pack her things and leave the program. They weren't many girls in the first place, but each week the number continued to reduce.

Mia wasn't an idiot, she understood that the company couldn't afford to maintain all the girls and for that each month there were fewer. It wasn't an issue with the girl's talent, most of the time it was a money issue.

One is never prepared for change, no matter how expected it may come. No one is ever prepared to adjust to it. It comes like a car crash, just destroying everything on its way like a monstrous wave hitting the shore. You are never quick enough to face it, but you can see it coming.

Mia had thought that as the only foreigner she will have been one of the first ones to leave, yet two years had passed and she was still there. However, she did not let her guard down, her crash will come. She was just expecting it.

Waiting for her name to be called out to be later given the notice that she needed to pack her stuff from the dorm to be sent home. Mia did not want to think that she wasn't talented because she was, those two years had made her out to be.

However, a problem stood between her and her assurance of her position within the program and that was what made her different from the rest of the girls in YG Entertainment. Mia wasn't Korean.

Born and raised in Sydney, Australia by her single mom, a middle-class Chinese teacher, that left her hometown after getting pregnant. Mia lacked Korean roots in her background like the rest of the girls did. Many would think that her ethnicity shouldn't matter when it came to her ability to be a performer. Mia and her mom thought that as well when she first got the call from a YG representative with the news that she had passed the audition.

However, after her first few weeks in the program, Mia understood that apparently, it did matter to the rest of the girls. They whispered to each other staring at her as she were a wild animal. Two years had passed and they still did.