Voldemort took a step towards them, "Your father held your mother the same way you hold her," he said, watching as Harry's face hardened. "It will feel like a cycle when I strike you both dead—"

"Ignis!"

Azura shot out a string of fire knocking Voldemort off his feet and towards a stature before Dumbledore slipped out of crack and began to duel him. Harry grabbed Azura, the two of them holding the other, their bodies tense as they hid behind a corner. Azura used her wing and shielded them from the upcoming spells.

Finally, Dumbledore managed to knock him off balance which Voldemort used as an escape before he rushed towards his student. Azura roared in his face, not moving as they stood up. "It's okay." Ethaline told her, allowing the dragon to relax as she brought her snout down and rubbed her soothingly.

"Azura you did an excellent job." She whispered, closing her eyes as a couple of tears began to slip out but she immediately wiped them with her fingers.

"You've lost old man."

Azura let out a low growl as she flared her nostrils in Harry's direction, Ethaline's eyes widened, "Professor, what's happening?" She frantically asked as she kneeled in front of him.

"Ah!" Harry's eyes split into a serpent like ones, his groans of pain echoing as he trashed on the ground. Memories of his parents flashed between the aches in his bones. The death of Sirius Black, Cedric Diggory, it all came to him in one blow.

"This is his fight," Dumbledore told Ethaline, "We can't do nothing."

Harry grunted softly, his eyes normal as he looked into Ethaline's eyes. He painted, trying to form words as Dumbledore called his name softly.

"Come back to me," Ethaline whispered, her tone soft and angle like as he felt that tug again and felt his mind split into two, "Ah!"

"So weak," Harry muttered, "So vulnerable."

Harry's eyes met Ethaline's, "So much to lose."

"Look at me," Dumbledore's said as Harry gasped for air as he clutched his side, "Harry, it isn't how you're alike, it's how you're different."

As Harry laid on the ground, the others came and watched from afar, neither or them moving as the dragon kept them guard. Harry saw them, he saw his best friends, he even saw the Slytherin's. He looked into Ethaline's, seeing the pain and fear in her eyes as she watched him.

"You are the weak one..." Harry choked out, looking directly into her eyes, "...and you'll never know love...or friendship."

Ethaline felt her heart warm as he said those words, wondering if he was talking about her, "And I feel sorry for you," Harry choked out before he felt that pain again.

Harry turned onto his back, the sounds of his making everyone uneasy before his back arched and out came a spirit like figure that looked like Voldemort. Azura immediately and without orders fired flames at it, taking everyone by surprise.

Harry looked at Ethaline, a lazy smile on his face before watching the look of relief wash over her as they both wrapped their arms around the other and stayed like that for a moment.

"You came back." She whispered, holding him tighter as she let a tear slip down her cheek and onto him.

"Always."

___

The Ministry of Magic finally believed them when they said Voldemort was back and issued an official apology tk Harry Potter and Dumbledore as Azura stood guard and made sure they meant it.

As for Ethaline, well...

"Father." Ethaline called out, watching as Tonks restrains him from the ground, "I see you'll be going to where you should have been in the first place." She said as Tonks shoved him onto the ground for him to sit before she stepped aside and allowed for them to speak privately.

Lucius didn't flinch at her victorious tone, "I wouldn't parade around with your filthy friends." He told her as she narrowed her eyes, "What are you talking about?"

"I failed," Lucius said quietly, "I didn't deliver the prophecy and now Narcissa and Draco will pay the price."

Ethaline paled, "No." She shook her head and took a step back, debating what to do as she inhaled sharply before Tonks grabbed him again.

"I've got to process him—"

Ethaline didn't say anything as she backed away and let them take him before she walked over to Lupin and Harry who spoke quietly, tears evident in their eyes before they finally saw her coming towards them.

Lupin opened an arm and allowed for her to walk into it before she grabbed Harry's and brought him into the slightly awkward hug.

And they felt the loss of Sirius Black in that moment.

___

Hogwarts wasn't the same after, people apologized to Harry while Umbridge was being kicked out and apprehended by the Ministry.

Ethaline's dragons flew still in the sky as they brought her out. Azura landed in front of her, her claws into an inch away from the woman's pink clad foot as she stood next to her.

The long game

The long game...

Ethaline enjoyed the feeling of displeasure when things didn't go her way because she knew at some point the balance would shift in her favor, the same way it had all her life.

The excruciatingly hurtful pleasure she got from waiting was what made her, her. She wasn't afraid of loosing a single battle strategically...

As long as she won the war.