chapter 69 ~ 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

Magsimula sa umpisa

     "Tae," Jimin sniffled, pulling back to look up at him. Taehyung peered down at the smaller blonde, not letting any emotion crease his perfect skin as he took in the flow of tears that trickled down his face like mini waterfalls. Jimin's eyes always looked so pretty when he cried.

     "D-Did I do something wrong?" the blonde whimpered. "I had to have d-done something. I-" His eyes fluttered closed as more tears painted his cheeks red. "Am I not enough?" he whispered.

     Taehyung gently cupped his hyung's face, wiping his tears away with the pads of his thumb. "Don't talk like that," murmured the brunet. "I know you're upset, but I don't wanna hear you talk like that, okay? You were always enough. What Jungkook did... What he did has nothing to do with you or anyone. He just made a really poor decision, Jimin. It's not your fault, baby."

     Jimin sniffled, reaching up to wipe the tears from out of his eyes before stumbling against Taehyung's chest. He continued to cry, the younger's words not enough to stop the pain in his chest from blossoming further with each passing second. All Taehyung could do was hold him close, rubbing his hands soothingly against the small of his back.

      Eyes closed with exhaustion, Taehyung let the numbness in his chest spread throughout his body, trying desperately to hold strong for the others. He was supposed to be strong, and in a time like this, he had to be there for the others. There was no time to break down and cry, no matter how much Taehyung knew it would hurt him down the line. What Jungkook did was unforgivable, and even though he just wanted to collapse in his room and never come out, he stood still with Jimin in his arms, vowing not to leave the blonde alone for even a second.

_

     I listened as Jungkook called out to us from the hallway, staring blankly over my mask at a single place on my beige carpet. He sounded so desperate, his throat lodged with tears as he begged for us to come out and talk to him. "Just listen! Please!?" The sound of his pain echoed inside of my chest, mingling with my own as it threatened to subside into complete numbness. Oh, how badly I wanted to welcome it. To welcome the nothing that would allow me an escape from everything, leaving me to hole myself up in my room until I wasted away. That sounded so nice at the moment.

     Nari trotted up to me, whimpering under her breath as she nuzzled against my forearm. I flicked my gaze down to her for a brief second before going back to the carpet, admiring its simplistic, bland color. Jungkook's cries faded to muted murmurs in the back of my head, the silence calming my rapid heart rate as I released a sigh. It felt as if I were breathing out a piece of my soul.

     I tugged my tear-soaked mask from off my face, smacking my swollen lips together with distaste as I dropped it at my side. My arms circles the front of my legs, pulling my knees against my chest as I buried my head between them. Can't I just disappear?

     Were the others hurting as bad as I was? I imagined Jimin breaking down, falling to his knees as he cried into one of his pillows, his blonde hair a ruffled mess atop his head. Taehyung leaning up against the wall and watching him blankly, trying so hard to hold in his pain as he made to seem strong for the sake of everyone around him. Yoongi lying quietly in his bed as tears rolled down his rosy cheeks and pooled at the sides of his head, his expression blank as he contemplated every single thing he could've done wrong to make Jungkook want to do this. Seokjin. Pretty little Jin, the brunet slowly unpacking his belongings and tucking his clothes away in the back of his closet, focusing on his breathing as he forced himself to remain calm. What a shitty thing to come home to.

     The bedroom door slammed shut beside mine. Jungkook. I couldn't hear what went on in his room thanks to the thick walls, but I knew he was breaking down. Regretting every decision he ever made as he prayed to every god to give him his happy family back. To mend what he had broken, cursing Rachel for ever coming into his life.

     You and me both, buddy.

     Nari barked softly from beside me, staring up at me with emotionless blue eyes as her tongue lolled out the side of her mouth. Finally, I offered her a pat on the head, pushing myself achily onto my feet. I had no desire to go anywhere but forced myself over to my bed before collapsing against my pillows. Lying there was the only thing I wanted to do. I wasn't going to get up and leave my room for anything.

     What was the point?

_

     Jungkook fisted his hair at the roots, pulling frantically until he felt he would rip his scalp off. Tears blurred his vision as he stumbled around his bedroom, collapsing to his knees and burying his face in his hands. Everything was crumbling around him, everything, and he couldn't stop it. The others would think he was making up excuses, but all he wanted was for them to know the truth.

     "I should have just told them," he panted to himself. "I should have just told them what she did to me, but now-"

     The feeling of nausea flooded over him, forcing an uneasy groan from his throat. Jungkook just needed to calm down and let things settle around him before he came forward. All he needed to do was get to Yumin, or at least one of his hyungs, and explain that he didn't cheat. It wasn't his fault. Rachel drugged him.

      "She drugged me," he mumbled, feeling as if he were in a daze. His head throbbed as if someone had hit him over the head with a chair. "She drugged me, she drugged me, I didn't- I didn't cheat."

     "You're a lying, manipulative, cheating bast-"

     "No."  

     I'm not a cheater. I'm not a cheater. I swear it, I swear I'm not. I would never hurt you!

     "I would never hurt you," Jungkook whimpered, crying against his hands. His heart rate grew erratic, thudding dangerously loud in his chest and ears until it seemed as if it were coming from inside of his own head. Deep breaths, the maknae told himself as he tried to regain his breathing. He felt a panic attack surfacing, thinking that was all he needed amongst the shit storm that was already raining down on him. He inhaled shakily, squeezing his eyes shut while he counted down in his head.

      One, two, three... Just breath.

     "I- I'm not a cheater. I'm not." 

     But, how would they believe him?

_

_

     Sorry if there are any mistakes or errors in this chapter

     Sorry if there are any mistakes or errors in this chapter. I had to revise it during school and didn't get a chance to edit it properly while at work. Thursday's chapter will be better, I promise. :)