42: Going to Venice

(Your POV)

"What?" Tom asks.

"Don't play dumb with me, you know who I'm talking about! Harry told us you went back to London to see her and your family." I say.

"Emily? She's a family friend, I swear I've known her since we were kids. She told me that she was going through something with her boyfriend and I went back to London to see my family and to help her with that." He tells me.

I'm shocked, "Oh."

"Oh?"

"Well, then why did you never come back?"

Now it's his turn to be speechless, but I don't know why.

"I-I just had this feeling that we weren't going to work out. I had to go back to London at some point and you had an apartment in LA. And I'm just not the biggest fan of long-distance relationships." He says.

"Tom, we could have worked it out you know, I never said it had to be a long-distance thing."

"Yeah...I know."

"What do you mean 'I know'? They why didn't you try to fix it? If you never liked me in the first place just tell me." I say.

"Y/n I, I don't know." He says and runs a hand over his face.

I scoff and continue to work on his makeup in silence. What does he mean? I have no idea what 'I don't know' is supposed to mean!

What if he actually never had feelings for me? What if it was just all out of pity?

Tears were threatening my eyes but I push them back, there is absolutely no way I'm crying in front of him right now. Why would I even be wanting to cry? Maybe because I don't know if he actually liked me in the first place.

I finish his makeup and he leaves, thank god.

I take a deep breath, this is not how I imagined today to go. I just can't get his stupid face out of my head, and his brown beautiful eyes...

No, no, Y/n stop it.

I let out a frustrated sigh and leave the trailer, I just hope nothing else bad happens today.
———————————————
~Days later~

Today is the day we leave to our first filming location in Europe, Venice, Italy. Sami and Mai are able to come with me because we had extra seats on the plane, which is really nice because I don't know what I would do without them. They just had to promise not to tell the public about what we film and stuff like that.

We are leaving soon and I'm at Mai and Sami's apartment with my luggage already packed.

"Mai are you done packing yet? We're going to be late because of your slow ass!" I yell.

"Shut up! Just making sure I don't forget anything."

"Since when do you care?" Sami asks next to me on the couch.

"Since I want to look cute and meet hot guys!" She says and we all laugh.

"...Ok then."

Mai finally finishes packing and we leave to get on the plane. We don't just go to any airport, it's a private plane so that the public doesn't start to follow us.

They told us we could sit wherever we wanted so me, Sami, and Mai went to sit near the back of the plane. The seats are in rows the three. We sit down but there are three empty seats in front of us that are facing us.

I sit on my phone and wait for everyone else to get here, it takes a while and we end up waiting on Tom. That surprises me because he is known to get everywhere super early.

He runs into the plane with Haz and Harry, I think I hear him say something along the lines of, "So sorry I'm late, swear it won't happen again."

Jon laughs it off and tells Tom he wasn't even that late. Tom thanks him and looks around for the only open seats, which happens to be right in front of me, Sami, and Mai.

I can see the disappointment in his face as he walks to the back of the plane, I give Mai and Sami a face that says, 'you seeing this shit?'.

Haz, Harry, and Tom sit in front of us and it just so happens that Tom is directly in front of me. He gives me a look I can't read, he looks me up and down in a mixture of annoyance and...flirtatiousness?

No, I must have read him wrong, but I swear that's the look he gave me. I look back at my phone to break the eye contact I'm holding with him, but when I look away I can still feel his eyes on me.

Keeping my eyes on the screen of my phone he eventually looks away I hear him talking to Haz. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and open my messages.

(To Mai and Sami)

Y/n: Omg guys this is the worst

Sami: agreed

Mai: shit and Haz looks really cute

Y/n: Mai that's not the point, but maybe I could get you two together sometime

Mai: well....

Sami: we're getting off topic, Y/n did you have to say??

Y/n: yeah, ok bro he looked me up and down when he sat down across from me

Mai: holy shit

Sami: oh he likes you

Y/n: no stop it

Mai: ok they why do you think he did that?

Y/n: I don't know!!!

Sami: see!

Y/n: omg just shut the hell up

I put my phone down and glare at Mai and Sami, they have to try really hard to hold in their laugh. While watching their faces turn red I smile too and have to bite the inside of my cheek to not burst out laughing.

I look away from them only to catch Tom looking at me with a slight smile on his face, he looks away before I can tell for sure. Now I'm just even more confused.

A/N

I'm trying to update as much as possible and I know I keep updating later in the day so yeah. Feel free to comment on any grammar mistakes or comment any opinions you have.

-Catelynn