39: The Call

(Your POV)

~About 7-8 months later~

June 17, 2018

The last 7-8 months have been super boring. Yes, Sami, Mai, and I are all on good terms and we have been spending as much time together as we can, but for the rest of the 'Meme Team' it has all fallen apart.

Haz told the media that the whole situation was a misunderstanding and that I did nothing wrong. People apologized for what they said to me and everything started to go back to normal. We hung out a few times with Haz and Harry but it just wasn't the same, they eventually went back to London to work on projects and see family.

Tom never answered any of my calls, he didn't answer Sami or Mai's either. Even after Haz told him it was all a lie Tom decided to stay in London. If Harry or Haz ever asked about Emily he would just not reply.

We eventually lost touch with Haz and Harry so it was just Sami, Mai, and me left in Atlanta. I moved out of my apartment in LA and got my own apartment close to Mai and Sami when I started to do makeup for more movies.

They were all small movies, like random Netflix or Hulu originals, but I still appreciated every chance I got to work on a movie, I'm very thankful to have a job in the movie industry.

Avengers: Infinity War came out in April and I definitely cried while watching it. To be honest it did hurt to see Tom on screen but I just tried my best to imagine it being Peter Parker, what else could I do?

I haven't dated anyone since Tom and I don't plan on dating anytime soon. I don't need to.

I'm fine the way things are going, I'm not exactly happy but it's getting better. Mai and Sami have been there for me through all of this and I'm very grateful for them.

I just miss being friends with Haz and Harry...even Tom. They were so funny and I enjoyed being around them. But I have to move on, there's no other choice.

Tom has done nothing but become more and more of a movie star every month, and he deserves the fame. I'm happy for him. It's just weird to know that at one point his fans knew who I was, they just knew me as Tom's friend. Just that alone comes with a lot of stress.

I've learned to accept the hate comments and the hate pages, but I have also learned to appreciate the fan pages and the love I get from fans. I wouldn't say I'm technical famous, but I did get verified on Instagram. Sami and Mai were really happy for me when that happened, and we went out to eat that day.

Part of me feels like I don't deserve it, what did I do to deserve the attention? It's just from the Marvel cast following me, I know it. I am a makeup artist, but I know a lot of other makeup artists that don't get the same attention I do. Sami and Mai reassure me that I deserve every part of the fame and I have true talent, I thank them and smile every time but it still doesn't convince me.

Tom occasionally gets questions about me in interviews, but he just tells them that I was his makeup artist in Endgame. Just his makeup artist.

Right now I'm sitting on my bed in my apartment scrolling through Instagram. Nothing interesting happens until I get a call from a number I don't recognize. I answer it just in case it's an important call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Y/n L/n?" A male voice asks.

"Uh yes."

"Oh good, this is Jon Watts and I was wondering if you would be interested in doing some of the actor's makeup for my new movie Spider-Man: Far From Home?"

My mouth falls open but I quickly answer, "Yes! Of course I would love to."

"Ok good, we saw your work in Endgame and it was amazing. Filming starts in the beginning of July and I can email you all the information."

"Ok thank you," I say.

"No, thank you, it's a honor to have you work with us."

"And it's an honor to work on this movie." I say and cringe immediately, god I'm stupid.

"Bye then, have a good day."

"You too, bye." I say and hang up the phone. I jump up and start dancing around my room.

I'm about to call Sami and Mai when I freeze, the smile falls off my face when I realize what I just agreed to.

"Shit." I curse and put my hand over my face. I'm going to have to see him.

I can't see Tom without probably passing out, oh no this isn't good. The worse part is, I'm not just going to have to talk to him, I'll also have to do his makeup. I'll have to touch him and be close to him.

It's not that I don't want to be close to him, I just know he doesn't want to be close to me. He doesn't want to see me, he doesn't want to talk to me, he probably doesn't even want to think about me.

I don't want to see him because I know I'll fall back in love with him. I thought I was getting over him but now all the memories are coming back to me.

I sigh and grab my jacket and put on some shoes before leaving my apartment, making sure to grab my car keys on the way.

I get into my car and start driving towards Sami and Mai's apartment building that is only a 5 minute drive away. This time though, it takes me a little less than 5 minutes because I'm driving a little faster than I probably should.

When I get there I hop out of my car and basically run up to their apartment, knocking on the door like a crazy person.

Sami opens the door and gives me a quick smile when she sees me, "Oh hi Y/n, you didn't say you were coming over." She says.

"Well I didn't really know I was coming over either," I say, she tilts her head slightly in confusion. "Just let me explain."

She lets me into the apartment where Mai is on the couch watching The Office. "Oh hey Y/n," she says, "want to watch The Office with me? It's the prison Mike episode."

As much as I would love to watch my favorite show ever I have to decline her, "Maybe another time? I have something really important to tell you two."

I sit down on the chair next to the couch as Sami sits on the couch with Mai. I take a deep breath, "I got a job to work on another Marvel movie."

Their faces light up in excitement, "Oh my God that's amazing, which one?" 'Mai asks.

"Well... it's the new Spider-Man movie." I say.

"Yay that's so cool! Wait... oh no." Sami says as she realizes what I'm so worried about. "Fuck."

"Yeah, so what the hell am I supposed to do?" I ask.

"Just, be professional about it." Mai tells me.

"Yeah that's going to be a lot harder than it may seem." I say.

"Well I don't know! If he was able to forget about you so easily, so can you!" She says.

"I guess."

"That's the spirit! So when do they start filming?"

"I don't know yet, they're going to send me an email sometime soon with the details." I tell her.

"Ok nice, do you think Haz will come?" Mai asks.

Even though she pretends like she doesn't, I know she still likes Haz. They did have a big fight but she finds it good that he apologized for everything. A guy who can own up to his mistakes is more more attractive than you may think.

"I have no idea." I tell her truthfully, if I can't be with Tom, then I'm making sure Mai can be with Haz. At least one of us has to be in a happy relationship, and I know it sure isn't going to be me.

A/N

Omg we are at 1.1K reads!! I love every single one of you so much!

-Catelynn