31: Comfort

(Your POV)

I start to wake up when I feel Tom softly rubbing my back. I look up at him and squint my eyes from how much light is now coming through the window.

He smiles and kisses my forehead, "Good morning Darling." He says. His morning voice is low-key kinda hot. Wait no, it's High-key really hot.

"Good morning." I say and yawn with a small smirk.

"What?" He asks cocking his head to the side confused. He also had a small smirk on his lips.

I shake my head, "Nothing." I say and try to get up.

Tom pulls me back down by my waist. Now I'm basically laying on top of him while he is holding me in place. One of my hands are on his chest while the other is on the pillow right next to his head.

"What are you smiling at then?" He asks again.

"Nothing!" I say a little louder, but the smile on my face keeps growing.

"It's not nothing," he says with a laugh. "Tell me!!!" He whines like a child with puppy dog eyes.

I close my eyes and sigh. "Your morning voice."

"What about it? Does it sound weird?"

I open my eyes. "No," I say while trying to hide my stupid smile, it doesn't work. "It's hot."

Tom raises his eyebrows and and licks his lips. "Oh?"

I nod my head and try to get back up. He lets me stand up but when I start walking to the bathroom I feel his hands on my waist again.

"You're not getting away that easily without giving me a kiss." He says behind me.

I turn around in his arms and smile. "Fine." I say pretending to sound annoying.

He smiles softly and placed his lips onto mine. It's just a soft and gentle kiss but I still get slight butterflies in my stomach.

It stills amazes me how out of all the girls in the world, Tom chose me. I wonder what he saw in me that I didn't.

When Tom notices that I'm not kissing him back he pulls away. "You ok?"

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. I just got lost in thought."

"About what Love?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, there's just been a lot on my mind lately."

Tom's eyes soften, "yeah, well remember, we're going back home today."

"Yeah." I say before giving him a tight-lipped smile.

We stand there looking into each other's eyes for a moment. Then Tom clears his throat, "Well I should probably let you get ready then."

"Uh, y-yeah." I say.

Tom leans down and gives me a quick peck on the lips before walking out of the bedroom. I take a deep breath and start getting ready to go back to Atlanta.
———————————————
I decided not to wear something too nice because we were going to be in the car for 3 hours.

(Your outfit)

When I'm done getting dressed I walk out into the living room to see Tom in the kitchen eating breakfast

When I'm done getting dressed I walk out into the living room to see Tom in the kitchen eating breakfast. When he sees me he smiles a little. He looks me up and down before licking his lips.

"You look good." He says.

I look back down at the outfit I'm wearing. It's not much, but it's comforting and looks good. I look back at Tom, "Thank you."

As I'm making my breakfast Tom finishes his food and goes to get changed. I go on my phone to see a ton of notifications from Mai and Sami.

~Over Text~

Mai: So how was ur night with Tom 😏

Sami: Yea 😉

Mai: Hello? Y/n?

Sami: bro did he murder you or something?

Mai: if he murdered her how would she text us?

Sami: ...Idk

Mai: Jesus Christ ur an idiot

Sami: but seriously where is she?

Mai: maybe she got so tired out from last night with him 😏

Sami: oh yeah probably

Y/n: omg guys 😂 no we did not do that!

Mai: ugh ur so boring

Sami: yea

Y/n: well now I know if my confidence gets too high I just need to talk to you bitches.

Mai: haha yea

Sami: ok well, did you guys at least make out or something?

Y/n: I hate u people
Y/n: I have to go, we're leaving soon.

~Off Text~

I shake my head as I put my phone down. They're so stupid.

I remember one time in high school when we all had a class together. We found a way to talk to each other during class and that was by sharing a Google doc with each other. We all had a different font color that we would type in so we would know who was talking.

Anyways one time I said something so funny that we all had to start holding in our laughter. I remember holding my breath and barely being able to breathe as were Sami and Mai.

It was a good memory and we were lucky to not get sent to detention, because some of us (Mai) couldn't hold in our laughter.

"Y/n?"

Tom's voice snaps me out the memory as a jump. I put and hand over my heart because it is beating so fast.

"Jesus Tom, you scared me!" I say and we both laugh.

"Sorry princess, I was just asking if you were ready to go?" He asks as he walks over to me.

"Yeah" I say. "Can't wait for the three hour drive." I say sarcastically.

"Same. Well we should go get our stuff packed." He says and I nod.

We both go back into the bedroom and start putting our stuff into the small bags we had with us.
———————————————
~In the car~

The car is mostly quiet as we drive because there's not much to talk about. It's not an awkward or uncomfortable silence, more like a friendly silence. Where you know that someone you deeply care about is right next to you and you just can't help the warmth in your heart.

The silence is so comfortable, that at some point during our drive I fall asleep. With Tom's hand sitting softly on my thigh.

A/N

Sorry for the boring chapter! I promise the next chapters to come will be pretty juicy.

I love you guys and thanks so much for 460 reads!

-Catelynn