Going Back to the Isle

Hadley's POV

Six months...it's been six months since Ben's coronation and six months since we chose good over evil and six months since I've regretted that choice because everyday no matter what I couldn't help think about everyone we left and abandoned back on the Isle.

The others have seemed to have forgotten where we come from, Carlos was excelling in all classes, Jay was captain of the R.O.A.R team, Evie was designing clothes for not just us but everyone in Auradon especially for the upcoming cotillion party and Mal was doing everything she could to fit in as Ben's girlfriend even going as far as changing her appearance and hiding the fact that she was still using our mothers spell book.

Me on the other hand I've been doing...okay, I did my best to stay under the radar not letting on how much I was struggling with the choice and guilt of staying here but I was succeeding and at times when I wasn't thinking about the Isle and all that we left behind I was doing okay in all my classes, popular given most of the Auradornians were nice to us now and I even had a growing friendship with PJ even though lately I've been getting the feeling that he wanted more to which always always made me think about him and kept the knowledge that I knew PJ had stronger feelings for me to myself knowing that I couldn't give him what he wanted when my heart still belonged to him.

I looked up hearing a commotion and glared at the hoard of press surrounding my sister, I stood up stuffing my sketch pad into my knapsack intending to walk over and give them a piece of my mind especially once I got closer and heard the question one said that made my blood boil and I felt the familiar heat in my palms.

"Is your mother still a lizard?"

"Okay alright, excuse me" Ben beat me to it clearing his throat pushing his way to my sisters side so I stayed back seeing as I was having trouble controlling my pyrokinesis and having myself losing control on television is not the best idea. "Uh we will let you know if and when that particular situation changes"

"Did you ever think you'd be with a villain kid?" another reporter asked and I felt myself at boiling point.

"Hadley?" I turned around seeing PJ behind me. "You alright?" he asked and I turned to look back at the reporters seeing the Fairy Godmother had interfered and was shushing them and telling them to leave school property. "Don't let them get to you" I sighed turning back and nodded my head.

"They have absolutely no respect or boundaries" I seethed and he nodded before reaching out and grabbing my hand making me look down with a small frown.

"Yeah I know but its better to ignore them"

"That's easier said than done" I smiled pulling my eyes from our hands seeing Evie approaching Mal and Ben and she pulled Mal away from the young king heading straight for me.

"Hadley, your right after Mal we need to get you fitted for your dress as well...come on" I smiled at her a little thankful for her interruption.

"I'll see you later" PJ smiled at me and all I could do is nod before Evie was dragging me off with Mal.

She pulled us all the way to our dorm room and I sat on my bed flipping through one of my textbooks since we had a few tests coming up and I needed to study while Mal was being fitted into Evie's cotillion creation for her which was a ball gown in the royal colors of blue and yellow.

"Okay Evie I cannot breathe" Mal complained when Evie zipped her up.

"Well you can breathe after cotillion" Evie replied and I sniggered under my breath.

"I sincerely doubt that" Mal argued. "I have at least twenty more events directly behind it and I can't even remember what a single one of them is" she added making me look up with an understanding frown knowing how she felt since these Auradornians seemed to have a lot of events and Mal seemed to have the worst of it being the kings girlfriend.