Chapter 20. How to Save a Broken Soul.

Start from the beginning

"What?!" The man snapped back at the boar, his scarlet eyes turning ever so slightly glassy, "It's not like the two of us were ever friends anyway. If you don't shut your mouth, I'll kill you too, you swine." He snarled at the pig, his eyes on Y/n's motionless body.

Tears ran down the boa's pink cheeks, "Oh yeah?! If I really went after you, you wouldn't live to tell the tale!" Hawk shouted at the man.

"In that case, kill me already!" At this point, Ban's fist was shaking in anger and frustration. Why did Y/n have to intertwine in everything! It would only make things so much more complicated.

"If I take your life," He turned his head just a little, looking at Meliodas, "She'll come back! She'll come back and Y/n won't have her as a... As a reason to leave." His eyes shifted to the ground, "She won't have to carry that burden anymore."

He was hit. A hard fist had moved faster than he could see to hit his jaw before the back of his head was grabbed and pushed into the ground, creating a crater around his figure.

Exhale, "Idiot." The male gritted his teeth together, trying to lift his head from the ground, but was held down by Y/n's hand, "You're an idiot!" She growled, letting go of the male's head after pulling it up, forcing him to sit.

Ban spat out the blood that filled his mouth, his eyes on Y/n.

"Do you think this is what she'd want?! For you to kill your best friend to get her back?!" The girl growled at the man, fists clenched by her sides, "You're the biggest Idiot I've EVER met if you think she'd be happy with that!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO THEN, HUH?!" Ban finally seemed to break, his body shaking violently as he placed his hands on the ground, "Do you think I can keep doing this? Watchin' your eyes twitch every time you look at me, knowin' that stupid memory keeps hunting you!"

"Find the right way to do it, then." Ban's head shot up to look at Y/n, who stood with one hand on her hip, shifting her weight on her feet, "A life for a life is not the way to do this. It's not right, believe me." She scoffed, closing her eyes, "Besides, would you really say goodbye to your best friend because a stupid Goddess in a horn told you to?"

"No." Ban replied quietly, his fingers digging into the ground.

"Go-od!" Y/n stumbled over her feet, her legs still unsteady. She had people to help, but there was only so much that one person could do.

"Hawk, get Meliodas out of here." Y/n ordered the boar, who gave her a nod before speeding off with the blond on his back.

"What are you gonna do?" Ban asked the girl, standing up while swinging his three parted staff over his shoulder.

"Elizabeth needs me. But I have to return a favor to King." Y/n stated, cupping her chin.

"Sad that there aren't two of you." Ban smirked, but Y/n perked up. A smirk of her own played on his lips, making the Sin lift an eyebrow.

She took a deep breath through her nose, her (h/c) hair started to float in the air. Ban's eyes slowly started to be filled with amazement when pure white scales started to sprout from her skin, running along with her cheekbones. Her hair stiffened in a straight point and a golden glow began to emerge from her chest.

~No one's P.O.V~

"I'm borrowing this!" Ban announced as he walked by the two crying women without a care, picking Gilthunder up by the back of his shirt.

"What are you doing?!" Margaret asked the man, who made his way over to the Serpent Sin, who stood tow to toe with Jericho. Both Vivian and Margaret let out high pitched screams when he threw the badly wounded Holy Knight at the monster, knocking it back.