(1) Returning Home

~Alex~

"You think they'll be mad?"

I ask Cathy as she plays with my fingers and leans on my shoulder. She shrugs and I see her lips point downward.

"Who knows, but I doubt they'll be too happy with me, they don't seem to like me," she sighs nudging her face in my neck. I lean toward her and groan.

"Don't be absurd, they wouldn't have let us get engaged if they didn't like you,"

"It's been a year and we haven't gotten married Al," she responds looking up and pouted. I looked at her and smiled softly I know what'll cheer her up.

I suddenly stood up and she fell sideways because she was leaning on me. Grabbing her arm I pulled her closely standing her.

"What are yo-"

"Shhhh" I whisper grabbing her waist and pulling her closer so we were standing in the car close together. I lean up into her "sweetness we can elope,if they don't let us get married, then we'll run away and join the circus!" She scrunches her nose but then gave in and grinned.

"That'll piss them off for sure babe," she responds leaning down into me. I gladly accept the kiss but our kiss is interrupted when the car door slides open and we tear apart.

"Um, tickets please?" The train attendant asked awkwardly, we quickly separated as I rummaged through my bag for the tickets, handing them to him. He cleared his throat and nodded while leaving the check on other passengers.

I turn to look at Cathy who's as baffled as me. Suddenly we burst into laughter and move closer together embracing each other. I feel her laugh in my chest.

"If we had gotten married a year ago, we wouldn't have been able to go on our travels my love," I say softly pulling her closer, she lifts her head and looks up at me smiling,

"You do have a point Alex," she agrees. I lean down to resume our kiss but quickly glance at the door and scooted us away from the door facing the window. She laughed at me and rubbed her nose against mine "you're a dork," I smiled fondly at her, she was my sun, that brightened each of my days, I can't wait to call her my wife.
....

When we got to the Kauldin train station, Dimitri was waiting for us. He ushered some boy to grab our bags and bowed respectfully

"Welcome back Princess Alex and Lady Cathrine of Kauldin, I hope all was well with your trip," he said rising. I greeted him and smiled

"Hey Dimitri how have my parents been? Have they lost their minds yet?" I ask grabbing Cathrine's hand as we begin to walk, he only sighed

"If I could be honest with you lady Alex, they are none too pleased you have evaded your responsibilities for so long," he responded walking to my left and Cathy was to my right. Why are they trying so hard to royal me up?

"What about my family?" Cathy asked, squeezing my hand pulling me out of my thinking.

"Lord Dribrin has been well and awaiting your arrival, your sister lady Reilly, Who I heard, has been having a difficult time with your siblings as lady Ariel and lord Azrail have begun their stage of rebellion." He responded leading us to a car in a parking lot. Cathy winced and frowned knowing Reilly was going to need a lot of help.
....