Micheal

"It's a condition called post traumatic headache. Often once a patient has regain consciousness from some form of a head injury they experience nausea, dizziness, sensitivity to light and sound, as well as some memory problems."

Micheal watched on as the doctor explained the condition to Vivian. She now sported a bright, white bandage on her forehead that covered the stitches she'd received.

"It mirrors a migraine and it may reoccur again within the next few days. I'll prescribe something for the pain but the best remedy is bed rest and some form of relaxation therapy." He nodded before dismissing himself from the room.

"I leave you alone for two seconds and you get a head injury." Micheal interrupted the quiet that filled the room.

"Shut the fuck up." She grumbled as she slowly rose from the bed. Since there was no serious injuries she was free to leave.

Micheal stood from his seat and rounded the bed to grab her arm. Surprisingly, she allowed him to help her from the bed and leaned into his side as they slowly shuffled from the room. A feeling of giddiness filled him as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders once they stepped into the elevator.

"God, my head is killing me." She groaned once more as she used his body to shield herself from the light.

"Probably because the pain medication is wearing off. I'll stop by the pharmacy and see if we can pick something up while your prescription is getting filled." Micheal rubbed her arm softly, allowing himself to cherish their closeness for the moment.

As they navigated their way back to his car, Micheal made a mental note to call his manager so he could cancel today's plans. He wanted to be with Vivian even if she protested.

"Why the hell don't you have your windows tinted?" Vivian mumbled from the passenger seat as she used her hand to block out the sun.

"I never needed it." He shrugged before starting the car. "I think I have a pair of sunglasses in the glove box."

She dug inside for a moment then quickly donned the pair of large, black sunglasses. A smile cracked his lips as she let out a sigh of relief and leaned her head back against the head rest.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." As she leaned her head towards him, Micheal felt his stomach fill with butterflies at her smile. It was genuine, bright, and showed how beautiful she truly was.

Not wasting the moment, he pulled his phone out and quickly snapped a picture of her. Vivian sat up higher in her seat, a sound of disbelief escaping her at his boldness.

"What? You said take a picture." He smugly remarked as he tucked his phone away and began driving.

"I didn't meant it literally. Delete that. I look a mess." The last statement was softer than the others and was followed by her attempting to smooth the hair springing from her low bun.

"No, you don't. You always look beautiful." Micheal glanced at her. "Even when you're screaming for me to rot in hell."

She smacked her lips as Micheal laughed recalling how worked up she'd been.

If he was being honest, he loved when they argued. Vivian was a woman who didn't bother wasting time on anything if she deemed it irrelevant. Seeing her so worked up meant he was important enough to see that side of her.

"Yeah, well, the statement still applies." Crossing her legs, she laid her head back once more.

"So does mine."
...

"I don't know if you think this is a slumber party, but you're free to get the fuck out." Vivian peeked at him from her position sprawled across her bed.

After getting her pain medication, they'd stopped for some food before finally making it to her apartment. Micheal had helped her into bed after she showered and she now laid stuffing her face with food.

"This is a slumber party. Night two to be exact." Instead of listening, he plopped himself on the edge of her bed and kicked his shoes off.

"Hey! Get your nasty ass off my bed." Vivian scowled as she began lightly kicking at him. Micheal grabbed her ankles before standing from the bed and pulling her towards the edge.

"If you kick again, you'll go flying off the bed and I don't think you want another headache. Do you?" He held her ankles firmly, ignoring the way his body heated at the suggestive position.

"So help me God..." She trailed off through her teeth.

"Didn't think so."
——