The Cell

I can't believe it, the girl thinks. Adrien is Chat Blanc... How was she supposed to put him in danger like that...? She was nearing Alya. I can't do it... the girl thinks. Her footsteps sounded loud and she tried to slow down but old habits die hard. Don't be too slow. 

"So did you find out the name of the cat boy?" Marinette could feel the eyes of many soldiers around her. Alya says speaking, drilling her eyes into the costume. Marinette was nervous. Was she a bad liar?

"No." Marinette looks down, seemingly ashamed. She wasn't ashamed though. She was scared they would see the fear in her eyes. She had made the right choice. Hadn't she? She hears guns load. A new presence had made its way into the room. Marinette stiffened. 

"Our sources say that you were a little too cozy with the boy." This wasn't Alya. Or any voice she met today. Marinette turns around. The man was taller than her. And wider. The man was almost bald and she couldn't tell where his face ended and his neck began. She knew she had seen him before. 

"Mr. Bourgeois?" It was Chloe's father. Now coming to her. It was a shock. "I thought you were-'" she didn't dear let the words slip out of her lips. Dead. She finishes the sentence in her head. His daughter was blonde with sky blue eyes that, if looks could kill... she would be the greatest murderer of all time. Chloe was killed by the people that stood around her. Hatred for them grew in her stomach. 

The man peered over her. "I know you were too close with the cat boy." The man repeats himself. "I know you know his name. So tell us." Marinette could feel the eyes of everyone in the room. She couldn't put Adrien in danger... she had to put someone else. 

"Can't I just keep this secret myself?" Marinette had a person in mind. Mr. Bourgeois shook his head. Marinette hesitated. Was putting someone else in danger really worth it?  "His name is Felix." The girl's eyes made their way to his eyes. Drilling them into his.  Marinette made it seem like the words were a struggle when in reality it wasn't one at all. 

"Last name?"  Mr. Bourgeois asked her. Marinette shook her head, she could not remember. "Don't think you saved the boy by only giving us his first name. There is only one boy on the other side with the name Felix with blonde hair and blue eyes."  Mr. Bourgeois turned on his heels and headed for the doors. Those weren't his exiting words though. "She sleeps in the prison for hesitation and disobedience." Now he was gone. Marinette didn't bear lookup. She kept her head down. 

It must've been a few minutes later when Alya grabbed her by the arms and started to escort her to the cell. Tikki had detransformed her. The earrings were still there. "This is where you are to sleep." Marinette finally looked up. The cell was new. Not like the ones in the movies. It was still dark with a light in the corner that she would soon turn on. She was a prisoner. 

--------

"Adrien that was awesome!" The white kwami says as the boy detransforms. He wasn't due to see his father for another hour. 

"I can't tell them her identity." The boy's eyes were sad. He had betrayed his trust as she did his. The tracking device was well into her bloodstream. 

"Y'know kid.. technology is a lot more advanced than it used to be. Normally to implant a tracking device you had to stab them with a syringe, but now all you have to do is touch her, and bam!" The kwami, although having just eaten was spinning in circles. 

Adrien was over by his computer, signaling the tracker to begin recording. He heard voices. It hadn't been fully imbedded yet so he wouldn't expect anything for at least another thirty minutes. 

"This is where you are to sleep." The voice startles Adrien. It is female. The device! He heard sobbing noises. I wonder if the camera would work... the boy thinks. He clicks the camera, hoping that the pierce in her skin wouldn't be noticeable. The room was dark. He wondered if the camera was faulty. A light flickered on. The boy watched Marinette bring her hands to her eyes. She was in a cell. They were keeping her hostage! 

"Adrien..." it was the kwami. "You have a meeting with your father soon." 

Adrien hadn't spoken with his father for about a week. He was convinced Marinette knew his father better than he did. "Mr. Agreste?" The boy knocked on the giant doors. They opened automatically. 

"So you are the new cat superheroine that is supposed to deliver me her identity." His father was looking out the window. Marinette would never be welcomed home if he exposed her so instead he says. 

"I believe you want the location of Marinette Dupain-Cheng." His father's head turned to his quickly. 

"You know her location? Reveal it at once! This is an order!" His fathers' voice was demanding. But the boy couldn't help but wonder if he would react like that if they had him. 

"Yes. I know her location. They are holding her prisoner in the new cells." Adrien's father had made his way to the phone. 

"I want Captain 4 on the line." The man says. He exchanges words Adrien didn't understand with the man on the other line. Five minutes later, the phone hits its box again. 

"Thank you cat miraculous holder." The man nodded and Adrien knew it was his time to exit.