Another chance

As the smell of food came back to me slowly, my vision also did. Having eaten alittle of the soup to stop the relentless hunger of having no food. Immediately looking around the area I was in and letting a soft gasp as I see where I am, a large eating area surrounded me as I pulled around my soft king tail to my chest to hide behind. Closing my eyes to escape the gazes of all the people and servants around the area as I shake softly. Guessing that they were not used to seeing people like me from a poor place in life. Then I hear the soft voice again, gentle and reassuring as I peak out to see who is speaking it, and as I do my curious eyes lock eyes with a woman, older in her age as I gulp alittle. Then her saying that I need to eat alittle, soft but not firm as my head turns to the soup in front of me, and my hand taking the spoon in a soft grasp as I breath in alittle. The woman I didn't know smiles and sits next to me in a chair as the spoon in my hand raises so I can take small sips of the warm soup as I close my eyes again. Filling the hunger in my tummy so I don't get cramps anymore.

After awhile the bowl of soup in front of me is almost completely gone as I lean back in my chair and close my eyes as I breathe alittle softer. Only small amounts of stuff left in the bottom of the bowl. A servant coming from behind as I jump and hide behind my tail as I hug it tightly and close my eyes. Still not fond of a lot of people as I shake softly and whimper, the servant quickly seeing and bowing to the woman and then the man that saved me. Still being confused and scared I see this and think of why someone would do that, still not knowing where I was, then closing my eyes again as I sit for a few minutes and have people stare at me before carrying on with their daily tasks. The day is already at half as the sun filled sky is at its peak and beams of light shine through the glass pains. Then I heard more talking but clear this time as I looked up slowly from my tail, the only safe thing I feel I have in this situation. Meeting the gazes of people around then to the man that spoke, being the one who saved me. Speaking gently he asks if I was ok now, nodding in response as my stomach wasn't hurting any more. After the answer he got, nodding as he asked another question, if I knew where I was. Thinking for a short moment, I shake my head no, not having any recollection of where I am since I never seen this place. He nods again, his short brown beard visible as he looks around and calls a servant over. Getting nervous I try to slip out of my chair, then the woman next to me reassuring me again. Still worried I sit back down and the man says his name, Daniel, and the person next to me is his wife. I nod slowly and look back to him with my soft eyes and shake alittle, clutching my tail tightly as he asks me to follow the servant next to him and I whimper softly. Then Daniel quickly said after that it was to meet someone and to show me my room.

Hearing room comes from the mouth of Daniel I ponder, confused more now as to why he would give me my own room. But managing to put together that he must own the large structure I'm in. Having no place else to go I slip out of my chair gently and onto the floor with a swift tap of my feet onto the stone floor. As I look up from where I was the servant standing before me as he asks if I was ready, nodding alittle but still extremely hesitant. The servant nodded and walked slowly through the dining area we were at, to a door at the end of it. Walking slowly to follow him I look around the room again to get a better view, the walls lined with big red cloth that hang down almost to the floor and windows in between all of them, the ceiling made from wood and sitting on the large stone walls. Hurrying along I pass the kitchen area with big stone stoves and ovens with a staff russling from within it. Making it to the door where the servant stands as I look up at him again alittle scared as he opens the door to the hallway outside for me. Feeling the cold breeze from the hallway, and seeing the light from the windows in there, I turn back to the two people at the table, before turning off and heading into the hallway. The door closes after the servant enters after me.

As the door shut behind with a slight thud, making me jump up from the floor, i looked around the sun filled hallways. Glass windows on one side of the hall, letting all the sun in they could as the soft dark red rug under my feet turned sightly brighter in the suns rays. Then my attention focused on the servant that was attending me to a place i was supposed to go, his eyes looking forward as he started the descend down the long hallways that rounded corners and never seemed to end in a manor. Following with hastily steps behind, still curious on what is going to happen to me as I explore the halls around me, slightly changing in colors in varied sections as i get led from red to blue. The servant turning to me as we stopped at a lonely door in one hallway as I look to it them him. Then him saying that this room is mine as he hands me a key to the room. Looking down at the silver key, the teeth on the key making a pattern that i get lost in for a minute. The next time I look up the servant is gone, making his way back through the laborath of hallways. Looking back at the door as i slip the big silver key in the lock hole, slightly turning it to hear the click of the lock. Pushing open the door scared now as the hinges creaked as the heavy door slid open.

Peaking slightly into the room as the door opened just enough to see and make out what was in the room. To my eyes and my wonders the room was colorful and clean, the floor neat and without dirt as my previous floor. A nice large bed, soft red sheets and comforter on top with the wooden frame smooth and polished. Looking alittle more as the sun filled window in the room let rays of sunlight into the room and on the bed and floor. Then finally entering as a soft smile went onto my face and my tail behind me slightly wagged at the thought of something new and as nice as this. Running over immediately and jumping onto the bed as I giggle, letting the covers divour me in the comfort of soft fuzzy fluff, closing my eyes slightly and breathing out in soft sighs. Not being able to get the smile off my face as I look around the room once more then lay back as sleep creeps into my eyes and body. Before I even know it I'm fast asleep, dreaming in comfort as I curl up on the bed. Letting deep sleep take over to carry me off into the next day.