"No," he had spoken, voice gruff and hiding the real emotions he felt.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

If he stepped inside this apartment, the life he knew would fully terminate for a new beginning of an epiphany. There was someone inside he would never doubt to give his whole being.

There was some gruesome part within this moment of Jungkook's feet, stepping inside the apartment. He was terrified just as Jimin was but both were for different reasons.

Jungkook felt suffocated as soon as he stepped inside and the door closed behind him. He didn't greet Jimin the way he had expected. In his expectations, they'd acknowledge each other much more than how he'd been greeted. Everything happened fast yet antagonisingly slow, as if it was being delayed.

"You look well," concluded Jungkook, taking his sunglasses off and beginning to undo the tied knots of his boots.

"Mm," awkwardly hummed Jimin as a reply, scratching his left arm with sweater paws overpowering his hand.

His hearing caught on how Jeongsan was still watching the movie and his focus was lost.

"Where is he?" Jungkook made sure he was walking on his bare feet and maintained his distance from his ex-boyfriend.

"Living room."

Jungkook shifted his head to the side, trying to spot the way to it but then his eyes caught on Jimin's. He removed his face mask and felt how his lips barely trembled. Jimin was still as gorgeous as he was the day he left. This caused him to remind himself of how hurt he's felt since yesterday. Before yesterday, he was an idol and now he carried the weight and responsibility of being a father even if Jeongsan's birth certificate didn't state his name (Park, as the last name gave it away).

"I didn't tell him who you are but please, don't overwhelm him. He's shy and sensitive when meeting new people. You can tell him who you are, but give him time if he doesn't..."

Jimin felt like his heart was going to leap out of his chest when he felt Jungkook's eyes on him. As if the idol was boring his eyes into him, carving a hole in his flesh that could let his soul leave his body, he felt weak but still had a sense of strong determination.

"Alright." Jungkook could feel his hands beginning to sweat, harder than a sinner attending church.

Then he proceeded with caution and curious eyes behind his ex-boyfriend. The steps to the living room weren't too long but felt never ending. As soon as he saw Jimin stop, he took off his bucket hat and placed it on the table behind him, along with his sunglasses and face mask. His heart dropped in a very unusual way. How could it not?

Jeongsan was seated on the couch while sipping on a baby bottle. His brown doe eyes were focused on the television and it was as if he was looking at a livid video of his childhood, only there were obvious traits belonging to Jimin in Jeongsan. No matter how much time had passed and he learnt to almost never show his emotions to others, just looking at the little boy was breaking every barrier, every wall he'd ever built.

"Baby?" Jimin softly called out as he approached his son. The corner of his eyes kept analyzing his ex-boyfriend's frozen reaction, as if Jungkook had just seen the ghost of his loving grandmother.

And when Jeongsan's eyes turned to look at Jungkook, he heard the soft gasp that left the idol's lips.

Jungkook gained the energy back within his bones and muscles, his soul shaking. He took a cautious step forward, the cold of the wooden floor completely irrelevant. He just had this intense urge to caress Jeongsan's head. This was the most nerve wracking moment he'd ever felt until now. No amount of concerts or the moment Jimin broke up with him could amount to this, to him slowly approaching Jeongsan's small body.