Part 18

Ellies POV:

it's been a month since the whole me and Vinnie thing and he went back to LA after a full week of awkwardness.

"is it done?" Sam asked as I paced in front of her and I shook my head.

"do you thi-"

"no. I'm not going to be" I cut her off and she shrugged, the timer on my phone went off and I looked at Sam and she nodded.

"thank you" I mouthed before turning to the bathroom wall.

"uh, its positive" I spun around and nearly screamed.

"no, can't be" I said looking at the test, two lines. two fuking lines.

"hey, it'll be okay" she put her hand on my shoulder and I fought back the tears.

"I'm not keeping it"

"you're not going to abort it"

"adoption?" I offered.

"baby you got time" she hugged me and I let out a shaky breath, "but I need to know, is it his?" and I nodded.

"you're keeping it!" she squealed. 

"just cause you're going to be an aunt IF I kept it?" I crossed my arms and she nodded.

"gonna tell him?" and I scoffed, Vinnie and I had made so many bad choices in the span of our relationship but this was the worst one.

"its gonna ruin everything"

"whats everything? you guys can barely look at each other or even be in the same room!" she laughed and I sighed.

"fine, but it could be false?" 

"this is the fifth test you've taken!" and I rolled my eyes before calling Vinnie.

"hey" his groggy voice on the other side.

"Vinne are you busy?"

"I just woke up" he chuckled which sent butterflies into my stomach.

"oh I'm sorry, call me back when you want"

"no its fine"

"okay are you by yourself right now?" 

"yup" I heard his door close and I walked into my own room so I could have some privacy.

"remember the day we uh"

"yup"

"well I'm pregnant" it was quiet on the other line for a few seconds as he processed everything.

"you sure?" 

"five tests" and he sighed.

"look um, I'll fly out next week and we can get this all figured out?" the thought of seeing Vinnie again made me feel a mix of emotions, I didn't want to see him but then I did.

"okay"

"I love you-" I hung up feeling terrible, I could've pressed the red button so many other times but no. I walked out of my bedroom wanting to scream and Sam was sitting at the counter smiling at me.

"whats going on?"

"its all too much Sam, I'm 18 and am expecting a kid. I'm falling right back into Vinnies trap after I rejected him, I have no idea if we're dating or if we're not." I sat down with my head in my hands.

"baby it'll be good"

The Next Week

"hey" Vinnie said hugging me as he walked into our apartment.

"I just wanna say I'm really sorry for thi-"

"its okay, okay?" he told me lifting my chin.

"I hate you" I whispered.

"you know that's a lie" he smirked and brought his luggage into my room.

"uhm, no" I followed him and he shrugged.

"what? its nothing I haven't seen before" he smiled, "but this time you'll be fatter" he winked, I pushed him onto the bed and his smirk reappeared. "again?" he ran his hand through his hair.

"what are we?"