| 20 ⨾ thus , the day came . ❞

A/N: Tbh this chapter feels rushed and messy but hear me out I'm too excited for the good parts

°.✩┈┈∘*┈🌙┈*∘┈┈✩.°

The house was a complete mess.

Somehow you found out about the twins meeting their father.

Although the wind never told you, that didn't mean that there were still animals that followed your heed.

"No, you don't understand mom! What it was like to be jealous of other kids who had dads they could play with!" Shoma yelled.

You frowned. "Why didn't you tell me you met with your father? Several times that is!"

"Because we knew you'd stop us from meeting him ever again!" He sobbed.

You pursed your lips. You knew this day would come either way.

Shoichi nudged his brother's shoulder.

"Shoma, quiet down. Mom promised us that we'd meet dad when we get older. It was our fault for not listening to her." He scolded.

The youngest twin clenches his fist.

And before he could respond, you stepped forward in front of them before kneeling down.

"I'm sorry Shoma... To you too Shoichi. For not giving you a proper childhood." You frowned.

Guilty, the youngest stayed silent.

Shoichi's heart dropped. "No mom! You have nothing to apologize for."

As much as you were grateful for your oldest twin, you knew he shouldn't be as mature as he is in this age.

You rested your hand on top of your children's heads.

"You had no father to lean on. I thought I could fill in that job but that was silly of me." You lightly laughed.

It was petty but you feared the truth.

The guilt years ago burdened you heavily.

Shoma, blinded by embarassment and guilt, looked away.

"I... I'm gonna visit the internet café for a while." He murmured.

Gently smiling, you nodded in understanding. "Alright. Be back before dinner."

Shoichi mentally sighed, watching his brother leave the house.

"Won't you accompany your brother?" You asked, standing up.

He scoffs. "No. He's throwing tantrums, it would be a waste to even do anything."

You chuckled. "It was understandable why he was mad at me though..."

Shoichi frowned. "And it's also understandable why you're avoiding dad."

"I'm glad you understand." You laughed, ruffling your child's hair.

"More importantly, are you okay mom?"