01

Thursday, October 3, 2013
Amelie Prescott's Point of View

I stretched my arms out, still laying in my bed. I had my first class at noon, creative writing. Though it was only ten, maybe I can go get some food at the Two Whales Diner.

I am an excellent writer, and plan on writing a novel at some point. Or maybe just a book of personal poetry. Whatever it may be, I just hope I'm successful.

I got up out of bed and decided to get dressed. Black jeans and a pink t-shirt will have to do for today. I put on my black high top converse and grabbed my colorful patchwork sling bag and let it dangle from my right shoulder. I grabbed my toiletry bag and headed towards the bathroom.

I left my dorm, checking the dry erase board to the right of my door, it read, "happy halloween!" Halloween was approaching this month and it is my absolute favorite holiday.

I kept walking until I reached the bathroom, Max was in there, "Hey Max," I smiled.

"Oh hey Amelie, how are you?" She asked standing against a sink.

"Good, I'm about to head out, maybe to the Two Whales. Still not sure yet though," I shrugged.

"Oh, I wonder if Joyce still works there," She said.

"Who's Joyce?" I asked approaching a sink.

"Chloe Price's mom," She replied.

"Oh yeah, Chloe Price, you know her?" I asked Max.

"Yeah, we used to be best friends when we were younger," Max said. "How do you knew Chloe?"

"I've met her at a party, just small talk," I replied.

"Oh, she's still in Arcadia Bay?" Max asked playing with her fingers.

"Think so," I nodded putting toothpaste on my toothbrush.

"Alright well, I'll let you get to brushing your teeth," Max said. "Bye Amelie, it was nice talking to you."

"Bye Max," I smiled and she walked past me and out the bathroom.

As I brushed my teeth I thought of Max, she was really cool, such a talented photographer actually.

I finished brushing my teeth and left the bathroom, then the dormitories. I was walking around the campus when I saw Brooke talking to Warren.

Brooke really likes Warren. She's my lab partner in science, and she never shuts up about him. I hope he feels the same way about her, for her sake. Warren is also one of my friends, he's actually kind of cute, in a nerdy way. We don't talk much, but he's cool.

"Oh hey Amelie!" Brooke said to me as I walked near her.

"Hey," I smiled and looked to Warren. "Warren."

"Amelie," He responded making me smile.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'm heading to the Two Whales," I said. "I have time to get some breakfast before noon when I have class."

"Alone?" Warren asked.