17

Saturday, October 12, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

I tossed and turned in Warren's bed, unable to sleep. Every time I shut my eyes I would get flashed with a different image from the darkroom.

"Amelie are you okay?" Warren groggily voice asked as he enveloped his arms around me.

I flinched as he tightened his grip into a hug, "Stop!" I pushed him back as I jumped out of his bed.

"Amelie wait, I'm so sorry," He said getting out of bed, he instantly seemed so awake.

"I- I just have to go," I said slipping on my shoes as unlocking his dorm door.

"Amelie just.. be safe," He said. "I'm here if you need me."

I looked at him and sighed before pushing the door open and leaving the room. As I was leaving the dorms, the bright yellow police tap crossed over Nathan's dorm room caught my attention.

"He's not a criminal," I cried angrily to myself as I pulled the tape off his door.

I went into Nathan's room and laid in his bed. How could my twin drift so far off without me realizing? I pressed the button on his white sounds machine. The sound of whales filled my ears that was surprisingly comforting and eventually sent me off into sleep.

Sunday, October 13, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

"Who the fuck is she?" Asked a male voice.

I flinched out of my sleep, "Oh shit," I whispered under my breath seeing a bunch of men in Arcadia Bay Police uniforms surrounding me.

"That's Amelie Prescott, Nathan's twin sister," One whispered.

"I bet she's just as fucked up in her head as him," Another laughed.

I got out of Nathan's bed and grabbed the officer by his collar, "You will show my family more respect!"

Another officer grabbed me and restrained me, throwing me onto the ground.

"Let her go," Another voice said. "I don't need Sean on our ass for another one of his kids."

The officer that had me pinned, roughly picked up off the ground and let go of me.

"I'm Lieutenant Ross," Said the officer who let me go. "That's Officer Corn, and the officer that was holding you down there is Officer Berry." I nodded my head slowly and allowed him to continue talking, "Amelie you're a good kid and a star student here at Blackwell Academy. You're treading on thin ice because of your brother. I know he's your brother and you love him, but sometimes you're better off.. how do I say this..? You're better off separating yourself from people that are no good for you."

"I didn't ask for your advice," I angrily said as I walked out of his room, pushing past the Lieutenant.

I left the boy's dormitories and pulled out my phone.

Me: Hey can you please pick me up

Frank: Sure. From the Academy?

Me: Yup

I waited for Frank in the parking lot. As I waited I spotted someone in my hindsight walking towards me.

"Amelie Prescott, I need to see you in my office," The stern voice said, of course it was Principal Wells.

"I'm actually heading out," I said as I noticed Frank's RV entering the parking lot.

"That doesn't matter," He said. "This is more important. You wouldn't want me contacting your father, would you?"

"I don't care," I shrugged as I walked up to the RV and swung the door open.

I shut the door behind me and Frank began driving, leaving Principal Wells in it's dust.

"How you doing Frank?" I asked Frank who kept his eyes on the road.

He shrugged, "I'm shocked."

"Why?" I asked.

"First of all, you being in my RV without your brother. Also, your brother killed Rachel," Frank said angrily.

"He didn't kill Rachel," I shook my head.

"The fuck he did!" Frank raised his voice.

"Frank chill out," I said slamming my hand on the tabletop. "You're not the only one upset here! It was Mark Jefferson! He fucking drugged me too and tied me up and planned on killing me!"

"Oh shit Amelie," Frank put the RV in park and looked back at me. "I had no idea."

"I just need to get fucked up and I'm sure you want to as well," I said looking out the window to see we were parked at the beach.

"You can say that again," Frank stood up and walked into his bedroom.

I waited patiently sitting at the little table. I tapped my fingers against the tabletop as I waited for Frank's return.

"Here," He said tossing a ziplock bag on the table.

"Pills?" I asked looking down at the pills.

"Ecstasy," He said. "We need an upper not a downer."

"I like the way you think," I smiled up at him as I opened the bag of colorful tablets.

I grabbed the purple tablet with a smiley face engraved on it and popped it into my mouth, swallowing it. I watched Frank pick his pill of choice out of the bag and swallow it.

It couldn't have been more than thirty minutes later when I started to feel the effects of the MDMA. Frank was blasting music and we were dancing. I was jumping around in the RV to the music. The room seemed to be spinning and I felt I was floating as I walked around the RV.

We danced around for what seemed like an eternity until I started to sweat all over. I felt really sick as well.

"God Frank why do I feel so sick?" I asked as I leaned over the toilet.

"The high is wearing off," He sighed. "That's the comedown period. The worst part of MDMA."

"Well what if I never have to comedown again?" I asked as I grabbed the bag off the counter and popped another molly into my mouth.