06

Monday, October 7, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

I got up out of Warren's bed. Being careful not to wake him. I peeked at his schedule hanging on his wall, he didn't have a class until one so he could still sleep. It was only eight, but my class was at nine. I leaned down above him, and kissed his cheek before leaving his dorm.

I decided to stop at Nathan's and make sure he was okay. I knocked once but there was no answer. I knocked again and he finally opened the door, "The fuck do you want?"

"Just wanted to check up on you," I said pushing past him and walked into his room.

"Who's clothes are you wearing?" He asked.

"Doesn't matter," I said sitting on his sofa.

"Warren's?" Nathan asked. "Jeez Amelie, science boy?"

"So what he likes science?" I asked.

"He's a geek," Nathan said crossing his arms.

"Okay?" I asked. "What's the problem with that?"

Nathan rolled his eyes. His dorm was much more dark and gloomy than I remembered.

"Depressing," I said looking around his dorm. "You should let me change this a little bit." I said grabbing a printed photo off his couch and admiring the dark beauty.

"I like it this way," He said and snatched the photo from my hands. "Thanks."

"You're talented," I said to him standing up.

"Whatever," He said. "You gonna leave now? I'm fine."

"Bye Nath," I said walking out of his dorm.

"Hey Amelie!" Daniel said as I walked passed him.

"Hey Daniel," I smiled and continued on my way to the girls' dormitories.

I went towards my room and unlocked my door. I decided to get changed and go into the showers to brush my teeth.

I began walking to class, it started in fifteen minutes, but it never hurt being early.

"Amelie!" My professor said as I walked in. "I heard about the poetry jam tryout."

"Oh really?" I asked with a wide grin on my face. "How?"

"Mrs. Mason reached out to me," She said.

"No way!" I exclaimed. "The director of English. Really?"

"Yeah, she says you have serious talent. She wanted to offer you a scholarship," My teacher continued.

"The scholarships not needed," I said. "You know how my dad is. Tell her to give it to a runner up."

"Well, you made it into the actual jam I'm sure."

"I guess so, results should be posted today by noon on the Academy's website," I explained getting jittery at the thought of being accepted.

"Alright, keep me updated Amelie," She said before I took my seat and got ready to pay attention for the next hour.

***

I left my class and walked outside the building, I decided to wait outside for a bit as the weather was super nice.

There was a girl walking over, she has dark brown hair and chocolate eyes. She looked Latina. But she also looked a little confused, I decided to help, "Hey, you're new aren't you?"  I asked.

"Yeah," She nodded her head.

"I'm Amelie Prescott," i said. "I can help you find your classes if you need. It's Monday. Do you have any classes today?."