07

Monday, October 7, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

I was about to meet up with Warren, hopefully tonight I don't end up in his dorm again.

Still nervous and worried about Nathan, I thought maybe I should text him. But ultimately, I decided not to, maybe he just needed some space.

Walking into the school's courtyard, I spotted Warren sitting alone at a bench, "Hey Warren," I said waving walking up to him.

"Hey Amelie," He looked up from his hands.

"Jesus Warren," I said rushing over to him and sitting next to him.

I cup his face with my hands and pulled him closer to me, "He got you good."

"I can take a beating," He laughed.

"Yeah well you shouldn't have," I said.

"He was choking out Max."

"Max started a rumor about Nathan," I defended him.

"How do you know it was false?" Asked Warren.

"Seriously?" I said pulling away from him. "Nathan's my brother. I know him better than anyone here, especially Max."

"Max wouldn't make that up," Warren defended her.

"What would Nathan be doing in the girls' room anyways?" I asked. "Does that make sense to you."

"Listen Amelie," Warren said. "I'm not against you, your brother is just very sus."

"I know he has issues," I said crossing my arms. "But you're all so dramatic about it."

"Just forget about it Amelie," Warren said. "Let's go do something. We can go out of town if you want."

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"We can see if there's a drive in playing later tonight, I can get us tickets."

"Okay, sounds fun," I smiled.

He checked his phone, "Out of luck Amelie, no showings tonight."

I groaned, "Seriously?"

"I have an idea," Warren said. "I wanna take you somewhere."

"Where?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise," Warren said. "Go, go get ready."

"When will we be leaving?" I asked him.

"In an hour," He said.

"Formal?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Casual."

"Okay," I said getting excited as I leaned in and kissed his cheek before getting up an rushing to my dorm.

In my dorm room, I decided to shower then get dressed. I picked out an outfit then grabbed my bag of toiletries and walked into the bathroom.

I turned the water on, the cold water making me shake. It took a few moments, but finally the water warmed up.

The water beading on my skin and hair felt so good. These past few days felt so long. With my dad and with Nathan especially.

As I showered I couldn't help but think of something was seriously wrong with Nathan. What if he needed immediate mental medical attention? Should I text my dad? No, maybe my mom..?

I shook the thoughts out of my head, today is gonna be a good day for Warren and I. As the water cascaded down my body, it wash away the thoughts of problems interfering with my life right now.