05

Sunday, October 6, 2013
Amelie's Point of View

"You ready in there?" Nathan asked knocking on my door.

"Come in," I said as I finished my makeup.

"Jeez Amelie," Nathan said. "We're just going to see dad."

"You know how he is," I said sternly. "We have to look out very best."

"Presentable," Nathan said in a mocking tone. "I really don't want to see him." Nathan sat on my bed and his foot tapped against the floor rapidly.

"It will be fine Nath," I said looking over at him. "He's a hard head I know but-"

"That's saying the least," He scoffed in anger.

"He just likes to check up on us and see how we're doing," I explained to Nathan.

"No, he likes to me sure we are on our best behavior for his sake," Nathan said. "God I could just kill him."

"Nathan stop talking like that," I said. "He's our father. And you're not killing anybody."

"When did you become the big sister?" Nathan asked.

"When my big brother decided to act little and immature."

"Shut the fuck up Amelie," Nathan sighed as he stood up from my bed. "You ready to go now?"

"Yeah," I said nodding my head as I went to grab my bag.

"Not that one," Nathan said. "You know how dad feels about the hipster shit. Take the nice one he bought you."

"You're right," I said grabbing a formal black purse from my closet instead.

We left the dormitories and went to Nathan's red pickup truck in the student parking lot.

We were driving to our dad's mansion. The biggest plot of land that Pan Estate's owns. When we finally arrived Nathan parked his car and we just sat there for a few minutes, mentally preparing ourselves for our stuck up father.

"Ready?" I asked Nathan.

Nathan ignored me and got out the car as did I. We walked up to the double doors and he looked at me to unlock the door with my house key.

When Nathan started to act out, my dad took his key to the house away. I never exactly knew what Nathan did though. Everything is such a big secret in my family. I barely know anything about Nathan it feels like, but I know he's a gentleman at heart.

"Dad!" I called, my voice echoing as it bounced off the tall mansion walls. "We're home!"

There was no response.

"Oh fuck this," Nathan said. "Let's go."

"Nathan wait," I said. "He might be in his office."

"Well I'm not fucking checking," He said looking at me.

"Okay, okay," I said putting my arms up. "I'll go."

I walked down to the basement, where my dad's office is.

"Daddy?" I called peeking my head into his office.

"Amelie!" He beamed getting up from his desk and pulling me into a tight squeeze. His expression fell, "Where's that brother of yours?"

"Upstairs," I answered. "Why?"

"Nathan!" My dad called rushing up the stairs. "What did I tell you about being by yourself in this house."

"You mean my home?" Nathan asked, his hands balling up into fists.

"This house," My dad repeated in a stern tone.