ten

TW: mentions of death.

──────────────

music

fools in love - inara george

reflections - toshifumi hinata

i  met sarah in the bathroom - awfultune (also rlly good slowed)

experience - ludovico einaudi

o children - nick cave & the bad seeds

───────

──────────────

──────────────

the soft glow of the weakened fire illuminates the room.

just bright enough to see wilhemina sleeping peacefully next to you.

glancing at the clock it reads 5:13 am.

still early enough to enjoy the ambiance that fills the room around you before langdon picks his morning interviews and you have to be back to your room.

wilhemina's breathing was the only sound apparent until you focused on the low rumble that comes from above you.

a once familiar rumble, one that used to fill your soul with great content-ness.

rain.

it was faint, but it's as if you never fully forgot what it sounded like.

the low hum of the thunder, followed by the very soft patters of raindrops falling on what you can only imagine is floors above you.

you sit, listening, entirely at peace, appreciating the look on wilhemina's face.

she looks really really beautiful when she's asleep, no sign of pain embedded in her expression, not a worry in the world. 

your hand finds her long red hair and lightly brushes through it.

you place gentle kisses on each part of her face, a half-asleep smile spreading across it.

she places a hand on your cheek, eyes still lay shut.

you take her hand and place it in yours, kissing her hand as well.