two

trigger warning - a little blood

───────

───────

the new way of living is simple here. restricted by the stern rules of ms. venable. but simple.

you are not to leave your room after lights out.

you eat a clear cube, said to contain all the nutrients you need for every meal.

you only refer to ms. venable as ms. venable.

you dress in older clothes, most of your wardrobe made up of dresses and purple. 

you are not to leave the outpost for any reason.

absolutely no copulation, under any circumstance, punishable by death.

it has been a week since you arrived at outpost three. trying to adjust to the strict schedule has been different, but also has given you a sense of comfort. you had always thrived on routine, you like to do the same things every day. everything on the inside always feels so fast and out of control so something simple like eating at the same time every day makes it a bit easier.

you had befriended some of the purples, but also the greys. you don't see a reason why people are still separated after all of society's constructs have burnt down with the rest of the world. you try your best to make the greys feel seen too. 

you have spent most of your time in your room, which you have grown to love. you can't leave your room after lights out, despite this rule your body seems to keep you up. so you read in one of the several seats in your room, enjoying the warmth of the fire from the fireplace, and candles placed around your room. it became a comfort, what you look forward to during the day, even if you aren't reading, just to sit and enjoy the fire, it calms your nerves.

the outpost leader, ms. venable is very intimidating. something about the way she presents herself gives such a mystery to her already cold mask. you had always noticed little things, you find yourself grasping onto details hoping maybe some of them will reveal more about her. the way her hand grips her cane, the way all her outfits seem to fit perfectly with this person she wants us to believe she is, the way her cane taps install nervousness in you but also have a way of making you crave the loud taps as she walks away. she always has fingerless gloves on. her jewelry always perfectly sitting upon the small parts of her only revealed skin. the way she watches everyone at meals and announcements. the eyes had always been the easiest for you to read, but not hers. her full, piercing brown eyes have nothing to say about her. you find  yourself longing to know more about this woman who shows nothing about herself. you want to know all her secrets and desires, you want to make her feel safe enough to tell you.