four

───────

───────

being okay was a foreign feeling.

you knew it wouldn't last long.

it never did.

you don't think it ever will.

the feeling of safety feels wrong.

because the chaos always seems to get worse after it felt like it might go away.

─────────────────────

the staff were gathered standing around, no words being spoken to any of the purples or greys, just murmurs between the staff.

worry washes over you, fading the conversation emily was adding to, getting lost in your thoughts.

even though there was probably something very wrong, your mind still fell to her, more specifically your interaction this morning.

the way she spoke, softer than normal. her smile, surprising how rare it was used as it was really gorgeous.

you get stuck on people easily, and once you are stuck there's not much you can do to get them out of your thoughts.

you were stuck on her.

a week with this woman and you are completely infatuated with her.

the mystery of who she was, pulling you in too strong to stop.

you are snapped out of your thoughts by a hard tap on the floor. her cane sending echoes around the room silencing everyone's busy conversations.

"pardon the delay, breakfast will now be served." she speaks with her cold tone, her face not revealing any more about the panicked look on the rest of the staff's faces.

you shake off their concern and decide to eat. carefully chewing through your cube, trying to get it down. the texture was not preferred.

since being in the outpost, the purples had gotten used to being left from information. the staff keeping whatever it was that was bothering them felt normal.

you figured it was probably just another behind doors issue that they would resolve and put it to rest in your mind.

─────────────────────