five

italics (by themselves) = y/n's thoughts

───────

───────

it's been a couple of days since ms. venable asked you to start delivering her trays. 

4 days to be exact. 

which means 8 different private interactions with the woman who relentlessly continues to send butterflies through your stomach and heat to your cheeks.

it's stayed professional, with occasional courtesy touches. and you picked a few books from her library as she offered.

all of the other interactions with her stayed the way you had expected, cold, numbed.

even though everything in your body had fought against it, absolutely nothing had happed so far in these 8 interactions.

but they definitely did establish that the feelings towards this woman weren't far from romantic.

unpleasantly ignoring the effect she had on you each night and morning. going back to your room, flushed as her words and glances never fail to send heat pulsing between your legs.

listen, you try going without ANYTHING for like just way too long. in an outpost ran by a woman whose every actions are unnecessarily sensual.

─────────────────

you are sitting in the library, trying to enjoy your free time after dinner. 

standing up, you go to the bookcases, bored of the current book you are reading as it no longer can keep your attention. placing it back in its spot, eyes searching for a new fictional world to escape this terribly boring reality in.

as you scan over authors and titles, the sound of the library door closing makes you jump. 

not able to find a book, you let out a sigh. you make your way back to the couch you were sitting at, hoping to find the only person in this outpost to give you the exact feeling that the fiction does.

and just as the thought crosses your mind, there she is. she's sitting studying the books you had left on the coffee table. her fingerless gloves clinging to her hands as she ghosts her fingers over your notebook.

as much as you love to stand here and watch the ms. venable just in her environment, as her hand reaches your notebook your body is filled with concern and you clear your throat, pulling her attention from desires you rather she not find.