three

trigger warning - self harm scars

───────

───────

you see her lying on her bed, expression unreadable. her hair is kind of down, it looks like she was taking it out but something stopped her. 

"and what is it you think you are doing? do you ow- know what no means ms. y/l/n?" she says while adjusting to a sitting position on the bed. the first part a shout, but the sudden pain from adjusting stealing some of the volume.

"i do ms. venable, i'm sorry but i thought you were hurt" you say hoping she understands you were really just concerned.

"well, i'm fine. so you may go" she responds quickly.

you walk over to her, placing the tray down on her nightstand trying not to make eye contact. you stay standing for a moment pulling at your fingers, avoiding the tension.

"well what is it?" she asks, irritation trailing behind her question.

"i- i just, i don't mean any disrespect but you don't seem okay. you look like you're in pain. please let me help." you respond, eyes meeting her gaze set upon your face sending your stomach into nervous, almost excited  knots, her expression not changing.

"i told you. i'm fine" she responds coldly while reaching over to grab the glass of water.

"okay, i'm sorry to have intruded" you say making your way towards the door. you grab the handle but stop yourself and look back. admiring the persistent woman. she turns to look back at you, and you catch her eyes making contact for a second before turning back and shutting the door behind you. 

you know she's lying. 

you wish you could help.

─────────────────────

ignoring the fairly odd situation you got yourself into earlier, you continue with your day. you're sat with a blanket by the fire, glancing at the clock you see it's 5:23 am now and decide to get ready for the day. you are allowed out of your rooms at 5:45 am. you pull off the sweater you put on earlier, and set out your outfit for the day. a dark purple victorian dress, matching some jewelry. 

you set off to the bathroom and shower. letting the warm water bring you comfort. hot showers were one of your favorite things, after a long day at work it felt nice to decompress. you let the hot water wash over you, thinking about life before everything happened. life was not terrible right before the bombs, it wasn't great although it never really was. struggling with mental health issues from before you can remember. you let your fingers ghost over your healed scars on your thigh. you hadn't had a relapse since high school, life got too busy afterwards. not in the way that the dark stopped coming, just in the way that you had to get better at hiding it. constantly being surrounded and not wanting to scare people off was just enough to get you to stop. but the days are long and quiet, and your head is loud. no longer finding much that can quiet it.