nine

TW: SEXUAL CONTENT

also i'm too tired to revise so soz for any mistakes LMFAO BARE WITH ME.

───────

───────

you soak in everything around you for a moment.

everyone's voices overlap as they all take great advantage of a new topic to speak on.

you tune out everyone else, focused on wilhemina.

you haven't seen her like this before, eyes glassy, knuckles white as they grasp at her cane, her face frozen in a state of shock. she was caught off guard, a rare occurrence.

your body is slightly numb, as it reflects the state of your mind at this moment in time

your focus shifts as wilhemina does, she exits the room with the other staff. panicked look still painted on her face.

as the staff members leave the room, the conversation seems harder to tune out.

"you're not going anywhere. he's looking for people to repopulate the earth not fill a bingo hall." coco says to evie.

you let out a soft laugh, mirroring everyone elses gestures in the room.

"why should we even trust him." emily says.

the staff walk back into the room, drawing everyone's attention.

but yours is drawn to venable, her stance has changed. she seems composed now.

"breakfast is served." venable taps her cane twice as greys bring out your cubes.

you cut up your cube, eating it in smaller bits in an attempt to ease your hunger.

"langdon will hold interviews at random, this process will take anywhere from one to 3 weeks." ms. mead inputs.

"the first few days of interviews, occupants are to stay strictly in their rooms to assure order in these times of immediate yet temporary change in routine here." mina continues.

"all day with no interactions?" timothy asks.

"yes. i believe you all will be able to handle 2 or 3 days isolated will you not?" ms. venable asks, stance strong even sitting.

"i will." timothy mutters before returning to his half eaten cube.

"i figured as much. you will all start isolation after breakfast. you are allowed to stop at the library on your way back to your rooms, seeing as you won't have much to do maybe now is the time for some of you to take up reading as a pass-time." she states blankly.