Scared - Toph Beifong

Requested by @SpicyH

Second Pov

°•°•°

Toph had felt something for you for a long time. She was scared to tell you, because she didn't know how you felt. Even though every time she came around you, your heart beat sped up, she still was skeptical.

You and the gaang were sitting by the campfire, enjoying it's warmth. Toph was facing your direction, while you were playing with Momo. "You should tell her." Sokka said, coming up behind Toph. "What are you yamming on about?" She asked. "You should tell Y/n that you like her. Trust me, you'll feel better afterwards." Sokka explained.

Which in response, Toph punched his shoulder. "Ow!" "What if she doesn't feel the same? Then I'll look like an idiot!" Toph whisper yelled.

"What if who doesn't feel the same?" Toph and Sokka froze when they heard your voice. Toph usually found it calming but at this moment, she was terrified...for the first time. "You" "Nobody" Sokka and Toph said at the same time. Toph knew that sooner or later, Sokka would spill the beans, she was stupid to think he'd keep his mouth shut for a little while longer. "Me? Why are you guys talking about me?" You asked.

Sokka looked like he might wet his pants or something. And you took notice to this, "Sokka...what are you up to?" You cautiously steeped closer to the water tribe boy. Sokka knew that if he said anything, Toph would kill him. But he was terrible at keeping secrets.

"Okay, Toph has been liking you for a while now. And she doesn't know how to tell you." You were surprised to hear this come out of his mouth. Well, not that much since he talks about everything, but you at least thought that Toph would have told you this.

"Oh...is that true, Toph?" You asked, a slight blush on your cheeks. Toph nodded. And before she knew it, your lips were on hers. Toph couldn't believe it, you yourself could really believe what you were doing. You just did it out of the instinct of your heart.

You two pulled apart, breathing heavily. By this time, Sokka had left, he was feeling quite awkward just sitting there watching. "Why didn't you just tell in the first place. I mean, I know you could feel my heart beat. And how it sped up when you were around." You said. Toph sighed, laying her head on your shoulder, "I know, but I was scared that you'd reject me." She said. You kissed her forehead softly. "I'd never, you're amazing Toph. And I love you." You stared at her beautiful features. "I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: hope you liked it! Let me know if there was any mistakes I made 💙