"What's the lowest number someone has gotten?" Lynn asked.

"In recent years," Lauren said, "four,"

There were hushed whispers among the teenagers, everyone either jealous, surprised or in awe at the low number of four. Annabelle saw a few people looking over at Four who stood off the side watching over all the initiates, connecting that, that might've been where he got his nickname from.

"You may know some of them from your previous runs, but you won't find out you're exact number today," Lauren said, "The simulation is set to my fear landscape program, so you will experience my fears instead of your own,"

Annabelle looks over at Tris seeing her give Christina a pointed look as if to say 'I told you so', and lightly smiled, knowing how smug Tris must feel knowing she was right.

"For the purpose of this exercise, though, each of you will only face one of my fears, to get a sense for how the simulation works, and how it differs from previous ones,"

Lauren points to each initiate and assigns them one of her fears. As she points to Anna and says "uncontrollable bleeding", Anna visibly shivers at the thought and runs her hands through her hair, before sitting down next to Tris, who got given kidnapping and waiting for her turn.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tris said, in a hushed voice, leaning a little to the left closer to Annabelle.

"Tell you what Tris? I'm not a kind reader," Anna replied in confusion, looking at the girl, the volume of her voice mimicking Tris'.

"That you knew Four,"

Annabelle didn't know what she was expecting, but it sure as hell wasn't that. Her eyes widened as thoughts of how Tris had found out ran through her mind as she continued to just stare at the girl.

"I saw you," Tris continued, picking up on the fact that Anna was confused as to how she knew, "in his fear landscape. His father found you in his room and,"

Before she could finish Annabelle cut her off, "Don't, please I don't want to hear that,"

As Tris was about to respond Lauren called out Anna's name indicating she was going into the fear landscape next. They hooked her up to the computer by injecting the serum into her neck and all of a sudden Anna's surroundings change.

Anna stands in the initiate dormitory, in nothing but her underwear. When she looks down she notices the blood leaking from a fairly deep gunshot wound in her stomach. The shock hitting her all at once, Annabelle gasps and pushes her hands to her stomach, putting pressure on the wound in an attempt to control it.

She looks around the dorm, trying to find anything that could be used as a makeshift bandage for her gushing wound. All of the bed were stripped down to just the mattress meaning there were no sheets - which were Annabelle's first thought.

Anna then ran to the toilets the best she can looking for some toilet roll, thinking that would be her best bet in order to control the bleeding. After finding one roll, she unrolled all of the paper and placed it to her stomach, putting as much pressure on the wound as possible.

A quiet sob escaped her mouth as the large white ball of toilet paper quickly turned a shade of dark red as it absorbed the blood exiting her wound.

Annabelle couldn't feel any pain as the gunshot wound bled uncontrollably, however the blood loss seemingly began to get to her as she began to feel dizzy, and her head began to pound. Her breathing sped up as it felt like all the oxygen in the room had disappeared. In her weakened state, Anna took her hands off of the toilet paper and looked at them. The sight of them stained with the blood made her dizziness increase.

Anna couldn't help it when her eyes began to flutter shut, and all of her energy seemed to have left her body.

All of a sudden, her energy flooded back and she jolted up and awake, to see all of the initiates talking as they waited for their turns.

"I understand why that's one of your fears," Annabelle said, looking towards Lauren, who nodded back at her with a light smile.

"You did good," She said in response, "You can spend the rest of the day how you want,"

***

Annabelle didn't know what to do with herself. Tris had gone AWOL and Christina was on a walk with Will. She didn't even know where her Dauntless born friend were.

She was sat on her bunk in the dormitory, plaiting her hair, just to undo it and try again when Christina came running into the room frantically.

"Ah there you are!" She yelled excitedly, running over to Anna. "Have you seen Tris? I can't find her anywhere,"

"I haven't," Anna answered, "What's got you so excited?" She asked, wanting to know what was going on with her friend.

"Let's wait until Tris gets back and I'll tell you," Christina said, "Why were you in here alone?"

***

AUTHORS NOTE

GUYS HELLO !!
SORRY FOR LACK OF UPDATING WHEN I SAID ID DO IT MORE AHH
i've actually been really busy and honestly unmotivated but i had a lil burst of energy and decided to write this and the some of next chapter woooo

ALSO IDK WHAT TO THIBK OF THE 'UNCONTROLLABLE BLEEDING' FEAR LANDSCAPE
i think i did it justice???

feedback is much appreciated - you guys are honestly amazing n your comments n votes make my days!!!!! ❤️

also this has not been edited for proof read i literally just finished writing it lmaoo