22

Logan

Something doesn't seem right.  I looked at the clock and saw that it's know been 2 hours since Miles called.  I'm not angry at him, just myself.  Am I pushing him to hard?  Am I making him uncomfortable?  I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone.

Voicemail
The number you are trying to reach is not available.  At the tone, please record your message.  When you are done, hang-up or press one for more options.
Logan
Hey Miles...It's me.  I just wanted to let you know that they are doing a few more test on me and I would really like you to be here.  They will be done at around 6 so maybe come around 5:40.  Or earlier if you want to talk about what happened. 

I pause for a second and looked up but than I saw Kace.  I took a deep breath and stare at him but when I relized what was happening, I turn back to the phone.

Logan
Nevermind.

I hang-up the phone.  I set the phone down and I swing my legs off the bed.  I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"Please tell me your hear to kill me." I told him.  He can't be real.  Kace can not be real.  I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"No, actually you're still alive.  You're staying alive.  I hope."  Kace said with a smile on his face.  That same smile I fell in love with.

"I want you to stay...maybe Miles being my boyfriend is a terrible idea.  I'm here mopping over him."

"Well than, you're going to have to keep a secret." Kace smiles and gets up.  I just look at him.  I love Miles, I do but Kace has been there through everything.  I can't just let that go.  "You're going to die in a few months."

"If that means I get to see you." Kace looked at me worried.  But when I closed my eyes, I saw that he wasn't here but my mom was.  She was stading tall and making sure that nothing is breaking her down.

"Who are you talking to?" My mother asked me.  I looked at her and looked at my phone. 

"I throught I was calling Miles.  I guess I got distracted."  I looked at my mom and she looked worried.  I was worried. 

Miles

"You said this was only for business..." I laughed as I help onto Austin that was just as high as me.  I knew I was getting high but I didn't know what drag I was taking.  Not really. "Please tell me your not trying to have sex with me..."

"Would that be a turn off?" Austin smirked and I laughed again.  I somehow got closer to him.  "What does Logan have that I don't?"

"Let's start off with this, what do you have that Logan doesn't.  A wife!" Austin looked down and wrapped his arm around me.

"But wasn't that the thrill of being with Logan.  He was yours but not really." Austin whispered, set down the glass in my hands while standing up and getting put of Austin's arms that held me. 

"Speaking of Logan, I should probably go see him before the party." Which wasn't a complete lie.  I pulled out my phone and saw I had afrom Logan and a voicemail.  I took a deep breath as I called myself a cab.

"Yeah, no...I just throught that's the reason you stayed with Logan all this time."  Austin said.  He was trying to get to me.  I took a deep breath and shook my head. 

"I stayed with him because I love him.  I am going to stay with him because I love him." I said.  I walked to the elevator but stopped at the doors. 

"You don't love him.  You think you do but you just sat next to his dying body for 4 months.  That wil-"

"I have love him before any of that happen.  Stop trying to ruin something that is not yours to ruin." I cut him off.  But I only stopped there because the elevators doors opened.  I walked away.  I let go of my breath when the doors closed again.