six.

The pet name sounded almost normal between the two. Almost casual.

sweetheart. Taehyung liked the sound of it, really much.

he didn't realise that the silence coming from him worried Jeongguk to the core, and that he was now standing in front of him.

"I-" taehyung couldn't speak. he was feeling funny in his belly.

"you- you did not replied to- to my question." he quietly said, pouting again, his eyes casted down. the dark haired male seemed utterly confused.

'which one ?' he thought to himself. "I'm so sorry sweetheart. Would you mind saying it again ?" he asked sweetly to the big baby sitting infront of him.

"I- I asked why you didn't answer when I asked who was there ?"

"Do you mean when you were hiding behind the counter ?" Jeongguk asked, fighting a faint smile at the quite funny memory. Taehyng lips turned into a tiny pout on their own. Yet, he nodded. does he find it funny ?

"It must be because I had airpods on ?" he then explained, while stiffling a laught like it was the most evident thing.
Why was he laughing ?

Taehyung couldn't help the familiar stinging in his eyes because he thought that Jeongguk was finding him stupid at the moment. his little fists balled on his lap and his toes started to play together.

"I- I thought there was someone in the house." he mumbled, slowly getting up, making Jeongguk's laughter die down.

"I think I should go b-back to bed. th-thank you for the milk." he quietly said before the pitty patter of his steps were heard in the hallways, leaving Jeonnguk alone on his same spot, in the cold, empty room but  a head full of confusion.