Chapter Fourteen

My eyes flutter open, and I look around, trying to identify my surroundings. That's when everything comes rushing in.
"Psycho, did you inject my neck with that damn sleeping liquid?"
"I had to."
"You didn't have to, you chose to! You don't trust..."

He holds up a finger as the hologram of some dude floats over his palm.
"Boss, she can come in."
Psycho only nods, face expressionless.
"It's time Luna."
"You and I aren't finished yet. You got that? Some people," I whisper the last part to myself.

"Here, take this card. The bouncer ought to understand from whom it comes," he finishes, handing me a black card with two golden vertical strips on it.

I exit the vehicle, and make my way towards the entrance. Well, here goes nothing. I show the card to the bouncer, not sparing anyone in the que a glance due to slight shame, and make my way into the already packed, neon-lit building. Deja vu. I swallow the bile rising inside my chest, and make my way towards the V.V.I.P section.

Once I arrive at the boundary separating me from the terrorist, I make the sign of the cross, and seductively sashay my hips past the lilac curtains.
I am definitely going to employ the French accent. It'll be more sexy.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't expected anyone on this side. May I join you sir?" I question, voice sultry as a pose in a manner that'll exhibit my hips better.
"Mr Romano, I'll contact you. Leave me with this yasmine."
I catwalk towards Omar, and seat right next to him, planting a kiss against his cheek.

"What is your name sir?"
"Call me Amir Ali."
"Oh, such a unique name. I love it."
"And where are you from yasmine?"
"I'm from France," I reply, before proceeding to giggle, and sway my hair to the side.
"What of you Sir Amir?"
"I'm from Africa."

"Oh, impressive. I have friends who live there. Such a magnificent continent. Diverse culture. I fell in love, the minute I set foot on it," I respond, the tip of my index finger gliding against the skin on his cheek.
"And what might you be doing in this place Sir Amir?" I question, the tip of my finger lifting his chin, turning his face towards mine.

I smile at him, a seductive smile, then lean closer to his face, tilting my head to convince him that I'm about to kiss him.
"Tell me," I whisper, one brow arching, as my palm cups his left cheek.
I draw myself even closer, and without warning, puncture the ring into the left side of his neck.

"What is wrong with you!" He strains to yell, clutching his neck, as I press my earpiece earring to my ear.
"Come in. I'm done."
I look back at the terrorist, and smile at him.

"Nothing personal Omar," I state, as I push his body away from me.
Psycho walks into the room, pulls out his silencer, and shoots without hesitation. I semi-yell, cupping my mouth, as I look away. I'll never get used to that!

"Let's move Luna."
I rise from the seat, take hold of his outstretched arm, and move with him through a back door.
"I told you I'd do it," I state, once we've mounted and are safe in the car.
"I didn't doubt you for a second."
"You owe me Psycho."
He exhales a long, deep exhale, then faces me.

"You did outstanding. I was listening in on your little conversation. I didn't know you were from France," he states, tone sarcastic.
"Oh, shut up already. I can easily manipulate my tongue to speak like I'm an original inhabitant of France."
He leans closer, too close, and I have to blink a couple of times.

He brushes a strand out of my face, caresses my cheek so tenderly, and before I know it, a sudden sharp pain rips through the skin on my neck. His  fucking ring!
"Psycho," I call out, as the dizziness begins to consume my entire being.
"I learnt seduction from the best. Sorry."
"Fuck you."
"You will, one day," his voice echoes in my mind.

**************

My eyes flutter open, and at first, I have no idea where I am. Psycho's room. My mind recollects past accounts, and I get off the bed immediately.
"Psycho! Psycho, you son of a gun, where are you, huh?" I yell, raw rage consuming.
He walks out of his bathroom, body wet, and towel around his waist.

"Yes, you politely called for me?" He sarcastically responds.
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why would you inject me? Haven't I proven myself enough, for you to completely trust me?"
"I have no idea what you are talking about."

I groan in exasperation, as he makes his way towards the closet.
"Psycho, do you honestly think, that in one trip, I'd be able to grasp all roots leading me to the surface? And even if I did, don't you think that I'd first tell you before I leave? I mean, we are friends, and friends trust each other? I'd have told you that I yearn to go back to the surface only for a small period, not run away!"

"Are you okay watching me dress, because I'm about to drop the towel," he states, an unfazed expression plastering his face.
I furrow my brows in frustration, then turn around to face away. The room falls deathly quiet for long minutes, before a pair of arms wrap around my waist from the back, startling me.

"You are right. I was wrong, and friends should trust each other. I trust you Luna, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings."
I feel an unfamiliar sensation settle in the pits of my stomach, much like the one I'd felt during the implant of the marking chip months back.

"Psycho, are...are you dressed?"
"I'm just in a towel. I want to do something."
Heavens, let it not be what I'm thinking. Heavens, let it not be what I'm thinking.
"And what would that be?"
"I want to take photos of you, if that's okay with you."
"Dressed like this?"

"Minus the contacts.and the dress."
"So, you want me naked?"
"Sorry, that came out wrong. I'll give you one of my large dress shirts to wear, if that's fine. You do trust me, right?"
I swallow, back still pressed against his bare chest.
"I trust you Psycho. Friends trust each other."
Oh Bellamy. Sweet, sweet, Bellamy...

Hey guys. Please don't forget to vote as well as comment your thoughts on the chapter ❤️❤️