Chapter121: Let's play a game

Start from the beginning

It was disheartening.

Even the slightest sign of belief and pity.

'Please.'

"Oh don't be silly, sure Ninjago's been through a lot but no spell-caster would ever." Instead of soft coaxes for her to leave the room, her ears was filled with laughs, mocking ones.

Ah, she tugs on her restraints even more.

'You're screwing with me right now, huh?'

Blowing white strands away from her beady eyes, she attempts to slide her way out of this mess—even for a few seconds.

The police officers glared at the guilty in confusion.

"May I request a phone call, please?" She inquires without any bitter feelings residing in her heart. A small smile formed on her lips as she asked so.

All facades, something she mastered in the last few years of being an unplanned orphan.

She stands at the affirmative gesture given by the head of the police department.

"You have five minutes."

Finally having a chance to leave this room, after being inside of it for a good half an hour now, she couldn't care less if she was escorted by two men that disagreed with her.

Sitting down on the chair, she hesitantly grabs the phone—almost scolding herself for being this anxious in the first place. The device swings out and wiggles against the twisting wires.

Her fingers were placed on top of a set of numbers.

The question remains on who to call.

The white haired girl begins to dial a number.

The sound correlates with her pace.

She places it by her ear, the phone rings.

'I don't want to bother you.'

She remembers her beloved green ninja, his warm summer smile and the way he'd call her name, it all made her feel a certain way.

'No, you don't deserve to be burdened by me.'

The phone continues to ring, Harumi sighs as the idea of just hanging up came mind.

But she doesn't,

She knew these officers were still watching her and imagining the embarrassment she'd go through when telling them her call was unsuccessful.

All the pity would be taken away. Not like they had any in the first place.

"Hello, who is this?"

Harumi almost jumps, the beeping had blurred her mind, she was caught off guard when an actual voice was registered on the other line.

"I may need your help, Garmadon."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

A set of twenty minutes pass,

The clock continues to tick, the men awaiting an answer as she gleamed at them with the usual response of hers: "It's really not me!"

They had noticed her rather frustrated behaviour altered greatly, she now faced the table with a bright smile, eager as if something extraordinary were to happen.

It confused the head of the police department even more.

"Well then," Harumi pursued her lips, not liking this waiting game. "shall we move on?"

A set of raised brows were directed at her.

"Eh, what do you mean?" The police questioned.

The front door busted open, despite being made perfectly clear that no one should come in during an interrogation. What stood between the doorframe was a terrible sight.