Chapter 10-Telling

A few days have passed since my brother has been shot.

Carl is now up and about. Carl is feeding the chickens with his mother. The rest of the group was working on chores around the house.

Daryl had demanded he was moved back to our tent, so that's where the two of us are at the moment.

I watch as my brother pokes holes through the tent window with his arrow.

"Hey." Daryl and I look toward the tent door. Andrea was walking in. "This is not that great, but..." She awkwardly hands Daryl a book. He flips through it.

"What, no pictures?"

"I'm so sorry. I feel like shit," she apologizes.

"Yeah, you and me both," Daryl mumbles back.

"I don't expect you to forgive me but if there's anything I can do..."

"You were tryin' to protect the crew. We're good," Daryl tells her, holding his bolt again. Andrea exits the tent before he calls out, "But hey, shoot me again, you best pray I'm dead."

She smiles and walks off and I snicker at my brother.

"All right, I better go do somethin'," I say. I stand up and head out of the tent.

Glenn sees me walking up.

"What did Rick say?" he questions.

I give him a look.

"You didn't tell him? Okay. But you have too," Glenn stresses as I move some stuff around in front of a small campfire. "You're pregnant." —I look around to make sure no one heard— "You need vitamins, medicine, a nice pillow." I stand up straight crossing my arms. "Here." He goes over and grabs some wrapped up food. "You can have my share."

"Glenn. Don't you start that. I don't want your food, eat. I get what you're trying to do. But I never needed 'a nice pillow'. I don't need one now," I chuckle at him and his gestures.

"You need to eat. You're too skinny." I pour water from the cooler over the fire, putting it out. "And if you're not gonna let Rick take care of you, then someone has to. Does Daryl know?"

"No he does not."

"Darcy. You have a medical condition."

I give Glenn an amused look now.

"I'll make another run into town. Just tell me what you need," Glenn offers.

"I need you to be quiet about this... And I need you to stop freaking out, I'm fine, I swear."

A whistle interrupts our conversation.

"Hey, peach man!" Shane calls Glenn. I walk over to the yellow truck and Glenn goes to grab a basket of peaches. .

"The creek runs south past that farmhouse Daryl found. Maybe Sophia dropped the doll there, the current brought it down stream," Rick points at the map. Rick, Jimmy, and Shane are all standing here, and I stand by Jimmy's side.

"So what, you think she took this road here then she went North?" Shane asks Rick, him now pointing at a road on the map.

"What's up that way?" Rick asks Jimmy.

"A housing development. It went in maybe ten years ago," Jimmy informs them, his chin resting on his chin.

"Take a run up there after gun practice. I'll hold down the fort here, but take backup. After what went down with Daryl, I don't want anyone going out alone. We stay in pairs," Rick commands Shane.