Chapter 9-Andrea, NO!

Daryl and I sit leaning against the hood of his truck, our brother by his motorcycle complaining to himself. Reluctantly after he three of us decided to head to Atlanta after this thing started to get bad. And now, we sit waiting to get into Atlanta. We're stuck in this giant traffic snarl. Everyone else in Georgia seems to be attempting to get into this so-called refugee center.

Daryl was chewing at his nail and my arms were crossed as the two of us were staring at the ground in front of us ignoring our brother's mumblings. Everyone around us was out of their cars as well, talking to other people trying to get new news of what is happening. An explosion sounds in the distance, sounding like it came from the direction of Atlanta and a few screams echo out onto the street, the chatter stopping for a moment.

"What in the hell was that?!" our brother shouts. We watch as a few army helicopters fly to Atlanta. Daryl and I skip off to the side, going into the trees. Merle follows.

We come out on the other side, getting a view of the city of Atlanta.

We watch as the helicopters fly over the city, joining others. We watch as the army helicopters explode Atlanta with bombs.

"Did they just bomb Atlanta?!" I ask my brothers incredulously. "What the hell're we going to do now?!"

"We're gonna get the hell outta here, that's what we do little sister," Merle says, leading Daryl and I back to the highway.

Atlanta was gone. A bust. Just like we'd thought it would be.

___________________________________

"Darcy." I feel someone, Daryl, my leg.

I open my eyes.

" 'Bout time to get up," he shrugs. I was surprised; this was about the time we got up, but between my brothers and I, I was usually the first to wake up. He grabs the last of his stuff, and heads out of the tent, giving me a moment.

Taking a pretty long while, I grab a tank top and flannel button up, and a pair of jeans.

Taking my time, I slip on the jeans and tank top, I grab my crossbow and katana, I slip my boots on, flannel in my hand.

I step outside the tent just as Rick walks into where our tents are scattered, Shane following behind him. I avert my eyes.

"Morning, guys. Let's get going. Got a lot of ground to cover," Rick states as I walk over to my brother.

Daryl, T-Dog, Rick, Andrea, Shane, and I make our way over to the yellow truck from yesterday and huddle around it. Rick unrolls the map and a stick on each corner to hold it still.

"All right, everyone's getting new search grids today. If she made it as far as the farmhouse Daryl and Darcy found, she might have gone further east then we've been so far," Rick strategizes.

"I'd like to help," Jimmy cuts in," Daryl and I glance at each other unamused, and we both start to slip into our flannels and button them up. "I know the area pretty well and stuff."

"Hershel's okay with this?" Rick asks in return.

'Yeah yeah. Uh, he said I should ask you," Jimmy responds. Liar...

"All right then. Thanks."

"Nothing about what the Dixons' found screams Sophia to me. Anyone could have been holed up in that farmhouse," Shane remarks from the passenger seat of the truck.

"Anyone includes her, right?" Andrea counters.

"Whoever slept in that cupboard was no bigger than yay-high," Daryl says, holding his hand to his waist.