Not All Tresure is Silver and Gold

"Dead men tell no tales..." Cotton's parrot said creepily as he stood on the front of the Interceptor.

Finally arriving at the Isla De Meurta, the crew of the interceptor stared down into the dark waters of the Isle. They were sailing through a ship's graveyard, at least a hundred sunken ships laid beneath them scraping the bottom of the Interceptor.

"Puts a chill in the bones how many honest sailors have been claimed by this passage" Gibbs said to Will and Aggie.

Will looked up at Jack who was staring at his compass as he stood near the helm.

"How is it that Jack came by that compass?" Will asked Gibbs.

"Yeah" Aggie said "And how did he get us here if his compass is broken?"

"Not much is known about Jack Sparrow" Gibbs said "before he showed up in Tortuga with a mind to go after the treasure of the Isla De Meurta. That was before I met him back when he was captain of the Black Pearl."

"What?" Will asked "he failed to mention that."

"That would explain why he knew so much about it though" Aggie said.

"He plays things closer to the vest now" Gibbs explained "and a hard-learned lesson it was. See three day out on the venture the first mate comes to him and say everything's of equal share, that should mean the location of the treasure too. So Jack gave up the bearings. That night there was a mutiny, they marooned Jack on an island and left him to die, but not before he'd gone mad with the heat!"

"Ah" Will said "so that the reason for all the..." Will did an impersonation of Jack.

Aggie giggled. "No Will, he looks more like this..." she began to attempt Jack's swaggering walk.

"Reasons got nothing to do with it" Gibbs told them "now Will, Aggie, when a pirates marooned he's given a pistol with a single shot--one shot! Well it won't do any good of hunting or to be rescued. But after three weeks of a starving belly and thrist, that pistol starts to look real friendly." Gibbs put a finger to his head to prove his point. "But Jack he escaped the island and he still has that same shot. Oh, but he won't use it, save for one man, his muntinous first mate!"

"Barbossa!" Will and Aggie said in unison.

"Aye" Gibbs nodded.

"But how did Jack escape the island?" Aggie asked curious.

"Well, I'll tell ye" Mr. Gibbs said "he waded out into the shallows and he waded for three days and three nights, till all manner of sea creatures came acclimted his presence. And on the fourth morning he roped himself a couple of sea turtles lashed em together and made a raft!"

Will and Aggie looked at each other in disbelief.

"He roped a couple of sea turtles?" Will asked, making sure he heard him right.

"Aye" Gibbs nodded "Sea turtles!"

"Sounds like a load of crud to me!" Aggie said "if it's true then what did he use for rope to tie them together?"

Gibbs frowned and seemed to be pondering the question. Then Aggie felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up and saw Captain Jack looking down on her.

"Human hair" he answered "from my back."

Aggie wrinkled her nose "Not only is that disgusting, but it's just as unbelievable as the sea turtle theory!"

"Can you prove that it's a lie?" Jack asked her.

"No" Aggie said "can you prove that it's true?"