Tortuga: It's A Heck Of A Port!

The sun was starting to set over the horizon and Aggie was still avoiding Jack. Finally when they were about a few yards off the coast of Tortuga, Jack decided to confront her.

Aggie was trying to crawl on the top of a barrel and was failing miserably. Jack snucked up behind her and picked her up, seating her on top of the barrel.

Aggie turned to see it was Jack who helped her and not Will. She huffed and turned away from him, crossing her arms.

"We need to talk" Jack told her.

"I have nothing to say to you" Aggie said, trying to sound like a grown up.

"Fine, I'll talk then" he said "I know you're mad at me-"

"Duh!" Aggie said.

"I thought you had nothing to say to me?" Jack asked.

"Keep your pity speech going before I lose interest!" Aggie said.

Jack mumbled something under his breath about 'kids today' and 'no respect.'

Then he sighed heavily and told her "Look Luv, ye have to try and understand that I don't trust people easily. I lost someone very important to me and I blame myself for it everyday. And you're an orphan so you must know what it's like to lose someone important to you, right? I-"

He stopped when he saw Aggie start to sob. If there was one thing in the world Captain Jack Sparrow could not stand to see it was a woman crying, seeing a little girl cry was ten times worse.

"C'mon" he told her "Stop that now."

Her lips folded into a cute pout and if her brown eyes got any bigger they'd be the size of dinner plates.

"Cut it out" he said "I'm trying to apologize to ye here!"

She began to whimper and whine. Jack suddenly remembered how he used to get Maggie to stop crying when she was upset.

As Aggie continued to cry her eyes out, Jack began to sob too. When she whined he would whimper the same way and when she pouted he would fold his bottom lip the same way.

Finally Aggie stopped and saw Captain Jack Sparrow crying dramatically against the barrel. For a minute she thought he had lost his mind, then she remembered he didn't have enough to lose!

"What are you doing?" She finally asked him.

He abruptly stopped crying and looked up at her. "I'm trying to get you to stop crying" he grinned "Did it work?"

Aggie crossed her arms. "I'm still very mad at you" She said.

"I thought you would be" Jack said "so I brought you a peace offering from the galley." He pulled out a cookie from his coat pocket.

"You can't win me over with a cookie! I'm not that young!" Aggie protested, turning away.

Jack sighed and began to walk back to the helm. He must have taken four steps when he heard Aggie speak up again.

"What kind of cookie?" She asked.

"Chocolate chip" he answered.

"Fine, I forgive you" she said bitterly. She hopped off the barrel and took the cookie, immediately beginning to nibble on it.

"Tortuga! Dead ahead!" Will yelled from the crow's nest.

Jack and Aggie stared at the port of Tortuga over the railing as they were coming closer to the ransacked town.

"Just so ye don't go spreading it around, I wasn't really crying back there" Jack told Aggie.

"That's okay" Aggie replied, grinning "I was faking it too!"