Meeting The Crew & A Storm

The next morning the would-be pirates met their would-be crew on the docks of Tortuga. Aggie stared at the unimpressive crew, a few of them looked in well-enough shape, others looked like they

hadn't had seen any good luck in years! But most of them looked like they had Jack's type of thinking and insanity.

Yeah... Aggie thought we're not gonna get far with this bunch...

"Feast your eyes, Cap'n" Mr. Gibbs said "all of them faithful hands before the mast, every man worth his salt and crazy to boot!"

"So this is your able-bodied crew?" Will asked Jack.

"Talk about the blind leading the blind" Aggie shook her head.

"What was that, Aggie?" Jack asked.

"I said this guy here is bald!" Aggie lied, pointing to a crewmember named Marty.

Marty gave her a hard look.

"Well you are!" Aggie told him.

Will picked her up and brought her back down the line, where Jack was eyeing an older man with a colorful parrot on his shoulder.

"You sailor!" Jack addressed him.

"Cotton, sir" Gibbs introduced him.

"Mr. Cotton, do have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in the face of danger and almost certain death?"

Cotton remained silent.

"Mr. Cotton!" Jack barked "answer man!"

"He's a mute, sir" Gibbs came to Cotton's rescue "poor devil had his tongue cut out..."

Cotton opened his mouth to prove his point.

Will cringed and Jack stuck out his own tongue disgusted.

"Wow..." Aggie said "that must've hurt!"

Cotton nodded vigorously as did his parrot.

"...so he trained the parrot to talk for him" Gibbs said "no one's yet figured how."

"Mr. Cotton's... parrot" Jack said "same question?"

"Wind in the sails! Wind in the sails!" Squawked the Parrot.

Everyone raised a brow.

"Mostly we figure that means Yes" Gibbs said.

"Of course it does" Jack said. "Satisfied?" He asked Will.

"Well, you've proven their mad!" Will said.

"And what's the benefit for us?" A voice rang out from the crew.

Jack moved farther down the line of sailors and stopped at one with a large hat over his face.

Jack pulled the hat off his head, to reveal he was actually a her.

"Anamaria" Jack grinned.

Anamaria greeted Jack like all the ladies in Tortuga with a slap across the face. Aggie was starting to believe that was how everyone greeted each other in Tortuga.

"I suppose you didn't deserve that one either?" Will asked.

"No, that one I deserved!" Jack said.

"You stole my boat!" Anamaria said.

"Actually-" Jack started only to receive another warm Tortugan greeting from Anamaria.

"I like her!" Aggie said, giggling.

"Borrowed!" Jack said to Anamaria "burrowed without permission, but with every intention of bringing it back!"