18- ethan [asthma attack]

it wasn't very common that you would have asthma attacks but when they hit, they hit you hard, and of course one of the worst would hit you in the middle of a pandemic when your boyfriend ethan lives miles across london.

the day started like any other, shower, breakfast, watch some netflix and talk to ethan about post lockdown plans, he spoke about the new sidemen sunday and it inspired you to finally get off the couch and do some easy exercise around the flat. but that's when it happened, the shortness of breath and the increased heart rate let you know that perhaps the exercise wasn't the best idea.

organisation was not a strong point and with moving into the flat only a few weeks prior you had no idea what box or drawer the much needed inhaler was in, which definitely made you panic and made the attack a lot worse. with tears blurring your vision and collapsing onto your knees you realised that you needed help, and soon. calling an ambulance was completely out the question despite this being the worst thing you've ever experienced, everyone knew the state of the hospitals in london and they definitely wouldn't have time for a girl having an asthma attack, and so with a shaking hand you clicked ethans contact and within one ring his face had shown up on the screen.

"babe, you alright." he questioned seeing your panic ridden state.

all you could do was wheeze and hope he would understand what was happening having asthma himself.

"oh god, oh no, y/n where is your inhaler? do you know where it is?" ethan asked getting concerned himself.

you shook your head letting him know it was bad enough that you couldn't even get enough breath to talk. you heard him say something and the jingle of his keys let you know that help was coming.

with a tightened chest and a pale face you crawled over to unlock the door so ethan would have no trouble getting to you. and finally with no strength left to hold your body upright you slumped against the side of the sofa silently praying for ethan to burst though the door.

ethan was driving faster than he had ever driven before, begging there was no traffic police or construction to stop him getting to you, and with a bit of luck he got to the car park outside the flat in a mere 7 minutes, which he would think was a new record.

unlike ethan's luck, you has none. silently choking on your own shallow breaths and with tears rolling down your pale face you were sure you weren't going to make it out of this.

ethan could hear his own thumping heartbeat as he decided to leg it up the many flights of stairs, not in any position to wait for the lift. his hand patting his left pocket where the device that would make you breathe lay.

you were sure the door nearly came off it's hinges when ethan burst into the flat, dropping to the floor beside you he could see that you weren't in a good state.

"y/n! y/n it's okay, i'm here, i'm
here now." ethan spluttered out as he violently shook his inhaler and forced it into your mouth pressing the top down twice.

you has never felt such a relief in your life, with air actually getting into your lungs instead of being vacuumed out, two pumps clearly wasn't enough as you started coughing and ethan wasted no time putting the inhaler back in your mouth.

ethan securely held you in his arms as you sat in silence just appreciating that you could breathe the air around you. when you had finally clocked that this was the first time you had even been able to see ethan in weeks you wasted no time in throwing your arms around his neck which he quickly reciprocated.

"i don't know what i would do without you ethan, thank you, you literally saved my life." you whispered.

"you gave me a right scare there bub, i really thought i wasn't going to get here in time." ethan admitted. "you know what this means right?"

"should i know?" you said, confused as to what he was talking about.

"you should move in with me." he smiled.

"hmm, i don't know if it does mean that." you said teasing him, but you knew this would be so much better for the both of you, especially being in a lockdown.

so once again, all your belongings were packed into boxes and shipped off to ethans. only one bag being hand delivered by the man himself, which of course included your inhaler, something ethan would make sure you never went anywhere without again, because seeing you slumped on the floor not taking in oxygen was something that he promised himself would never happen again, and you knew that whenever ethan is around, you're safe.

maybe this is my favourite imagine i've ever written. 3am thoughts do some magic. ty for reading!

© tobileroneee