chapter five, bad dream

tw: panic attack, nightmares
Tommy's POV:

"You failed me, Tommy," Dream scolded.

"I didn't mean to. I tried my best, I really did. They were too strong," I cried.

"You're making excuses. I do so much for you and yet you still lost," he yelled.

"Dream I-"

He slapped me hard across the face. My fingertips instinctively reached for my warm cheek. I looked down staring at the floor. I caused this. I deserved this. I could feel the outline of Dream's hand burning on my cheek. I held my cheek as it burned. "I'm sorry, Dream. It's my fault. I'm a failure. I'll train harder."

"Go to your room," he spat out in a quiet voice. His tone was cold and sharp like the icicles that hang in the winter.

"Yes Dream," I mumbled still holding my burning cheek. I didn't bother looking up. I marched up the stairs in silence.

I pant as it becomes harder and harder to breathe. My breath is fast, heavy, and uncontrollable. I'm such a failure, I can't even breathe properly. I hear faint footsteps outside my door. Why does my hand hurt so much? Why does everything hurt so much? I walk over towards the window and swing it open. The cold evening air hits my face as I hoist myself onto the window sill. I wrap my arm tightly around my legs as I attempt to breathe better. I rest the other hand currently searing with pain next to me. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down. Why can't I stop? Just breathe. I wrap my arm tighter around my legs. Pain is shooting through every part of my body. It all hurts so much. My feet, my arms, my brain, my hand and so much more are is unbelievable pain. Make it stop. Please. Where's Dream? He's the one who saves me. He's my savior. He'll help me. But where is he? My breathing becomes worse as my brain races. I feel like I'm going to pass out. "You alright?" the door swings open as the guy with the pink hair stands in the doorway.

The door made a loud sound causing me to jump. I backed into the corner of the windowsill between the window and the wall. I become more desperate to stop my intense breathing. He's watching you. You're so weak. Stop breathing so intensely. I feel his hand rest on my shoulder. When did he get over here? "Sorry, I'm not really good at the whole comforting thing," he mumbles. "Try inhaling for six seconds. Then exhale for six seconds."

I push my thoughts away. I slowly count to six while inhaling. My breath constantly hitches and try's to gasp for more air. My hand grabs my hair and pull. I want to scream yet I can't. I feel almost numb. "Keep counting to six," the pink-haired guy whispers.

Oh, right. I slowly count. Inhaling and exhaling. My breath hitches but I ignore it and continue counting. After what feels like forever I can finally breathe normally. I turn to look at my room as I find the pink-haired guy sitting on my bed. How long has it been, and when did he get over there? "Do you feel better?" he asks.

I gave him a silent nod in response. My eyes race down to his hand. His fingers are wrapped around a hairbrush and hair tie. The man followed my eyes. "Do you want to try brushing it?" The man with long pink hair reaches his hand out holding the brush and hair tie, gesturing for me to take it.

I carefully grab the items. He moves over on the bed making room for me behind him. I sit behind him as the bed sinks under me. I glide the brush through his bubblegum pink hair. It's relaxing in a way. The hairbrush caught a few knots but his naturally straight hair didn't need much brushing. "So um, what happened to you? I guess like, what were you doing that day? Who are you in general," he stutters.

My lips open as I try to respond but no words come out. I pause. "You know what, it's fine if you don't want to talk about it. I understand."

I feel a smile form in the corner of my mouth. I don't quite understand what I'm feeling. It feels strange but in a welcoming way. This isn't the first time I've felt like this but I can't remember ever feeling like this before. I huge gust of wind blew through the open window tickling my face. Maybe this isn't too bad. I pull the brush through his hair one last time as it became straight. "You can braid it if you'd like," he proposes.

My eyes widen as the moonlight twinkles off of them. I carefully grab all the hair and split it into three equal enough sections. I swirl the sections together putting them in the middle, then the left, then the right, and so on. It's almost like a rhythm. I finished the braid and tied the end with the hair tie. The braid is loose and has hair sticking out everywhere. I feel really bad for doing such a bad job but it helped me become more relaxed. The man lets out a heavy sigh before standing up. "It's really late. You should get some sleep."

I throw myself backward slamming my head into my soft pillow. I feel a sensation of tiredness overwhelm me as I let out a large yawn. I don't want to go back to sleep but my body disagrees. "Goodnight," the man with pink hair whispers softly.

a/n
THANK YOU FOR A THOUSAND READS! I love you guys so much and I'm so thankful for the support <3.
This chapter was going to be the start of the next chapter but since I got carried away and I decided to just make it its own chapter.

Word count: 1003