chapter eight, the blood

Tommy's POV

I stand over the unconscious man. I don't want to do this. He doesn't deserve this. My grip tightens around the netherite sword. My heartbeat quickens as my mind attempts to understand the situation. My knees become weak. I can't do this. "Do it," Dream demands.

My eyes glance up at him. His face is cold and stern. I can't kill him but I can't disobey Dream. His emerald eyes dig into my mind. Kill him. I turn to the unconscious man. The man is too young to die. He has so much more to do. My breath becomes heavy. My hands become shaky from the tension. "I can't do it. Please," I whisper.

"I wasn't asking. Do it. Kill him. Now. Kill him. DO IT."

I bite my lip. I don't want to. Kill him. I can't. Stab him. I refuse to. End him. My mind spins as conflicting voices shout. With both of my hands, I lift the netherite blade into the gloomy sky. My lip quivers. My breath becomes heavier. My heart becomes heavier.

I plunge the blade into his chest.

I gasp jolting up from my sleep. I reach my hand to my forehead wiping off a pool of sweat.

"Are you ok?" Wilbur panics standing in the doorway holding fresh clothes and a plate of food.

I nod my head slowly pulling myself together.

"What happened? You started mumbling something about not being able to do it. What's going on?"

"It was just a nightmare. I'll admit, was a little worse than usual but I'll be fine," I reassure Wilbur.

Wilbur looks more worried. "Worse than usual? Nightmares should not be a usual thing!" he alarms setting down the food and clothes.

"I can take care of it by myself just fine," I soothe.

Wilbur softens. "Tommy, I know you can take care of it on your own but you don't have to."

"I'm fine ok? What are you doing anyway?" I question aggressively trying to shift the subject.

"I was just grabbing you some new clothes and breakfast," Wilbur sighs. He pauses for a moment before continuing. "I was also thinking of getting something from Nikki's bakery and I wanted to see if you'd want to come with."

"I mean, sure. I don't have anything better to do," I shrug.

"Ok, just let me know when you've gotten dressed and finished eating, alright?"

"Mhm," I respond.

Wilbur nods shutting the door behind him. I reach into my bag taking one of my pills. I then walk over to investigate the clothes and the food. It's just a simple pancake and fruit. I swiftly eat the entire thing before realizing I did. I wipe the crumbs off my face with my sleeve. I then change into the clothes which consisted of an itchy dress shirt, tight pants, uncomfortable boots, and a scratchy coat. I look into the mirror in my room and frown. I'll admit, it doesn't look that bad but I'd rather have a more cozy look.

Wilbur knocks at the door. "Are you done?"

"Yeah," I mutter.

Wilbur spins open the door handle looking over towards me. "What's wrong?"

"This outfit is itchy and uncomfortable. The pants are too tight. The coat is too scratchy. How can anyone live like this?" I grumble.

Wilbur laughs softly with a wistful look in his eyes. "Well for starters the coat is inside out," he giggles. He walks over to me taking off my jacket. He flips it the right way putting it back on me.

peculiar boy- sleepyboisinc royalty au + dreamteamजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें