Chains and secrets

Start from the beginning

The last SUV drove away, leaving Camila and Lauren stuck in a staredown and Madison sitting behind the wheel of Lauren's car. Camila heard Ally calling her name so she slowly lowered her gun.

"Told you so." Lauren winked before taking off and running for the back of the car park.

"Are you fucking- Lauren!" Madison yelled out the window before shaking her head. Camila glared at her.

"Stay," She snapped before chasing after Lauren.

It wasn't long before Camila rounded the corner and saw Lauren skidding to a stop in front of a metal fence. She had one foot finding a grip when Camila cleared her throat.

"Just... no," Camila said with an amused smile. Lauren looked over her shoulder, her hands gripping the fence tighter, preparing to haul herself over it.

"Who's gonna stop me? You? As if," Lauren snorted before clambering over the fence and landing solidly the other side. She spun around and watched as Camila wandered over to the fence.

Lauren teasingly put her arm through the fence and flipped her off. Before she could blink there was a pair of handcuffs being waved at her with a teasing smile.

"Too slow." Camila grinned. Lauren rolled her eyes and yanked her hand back, the metal clattering against the fence as Camila missed her wrist. Camila's eyes narrowed and she scrambled over the fence before Lauren could start running again, easily blocking her escape route.

Lauren watched in amusement as Camila stepped closer, almost until she was pressed into the fence. Her breath hitched as Camila's chest brushed against hers, her hand trailing down her arm and stopping against the soft skin of Lauren's wrist.

"Don't you have community service?" Camila asked, slowly lifting Lauren's wrist up, tapping the handcuffs against her.

"Yeah, might've paid off the guard," Lauren said quietly, eyes not moving away from the handcuffs.

"Is that a confession?"

"Closer to a joke." Lauren shrugged, gulping when Camila toyed with her handcuffs, not yet clipping it around Lauren's wrist.

"Are you joking?" Camila asked, tilting her head to the side, placing her free hand on the fence over Lauren's shoulder. Lauren grinned lopsidedly and moved her hand to cover Camila's holding the handcuffs.

"Nope." Lauren grinned and slipped her hand under Camila's grabbing the handcuffs slowly, making sure she had Camila's complete attention. Lauren bit the corner of her lip and felt Camila's grip on the handcuffs loosen.

There was a quiet click as Lauren grinned at Camila. Camila blinked at her, tongue running over her lips lightly, her eyes almost drifting away before Lauren's free hand moved to cup Camila's jaw. Camila's lips parted and Lauren could hear her breath hitch.

Lauren pulled Camila's hand and rested it over her other shoulder, essentially pinning herself to the fence between Camila's arms.

Camila felt a cold breeze against her wrist making her shiver. Her focus was preoccupied, the two of them had been this close too many times before to be considered enemies anymore.

Now they were just dancing on the precipice of almost. Almost lovers but not quite. It'd been over a year since they last kissed. Quite frankly Camila had practically forgotten what it was like...

Okay so that was bullshit. She remembered exactly what it was like. And being centimeters away from Lauren's lips was not helping her keep focus.

It wasn't until Lauren slipped under her arms and away from the fence. Camila blinked herself out of her fantasies and turned around. Lauren walked away, never breaking eye contact with Camila as she got further away.