0.21 U Shaped Space

Isla and Charles sat out on the balcony ttho next morning, enjoying a breakfast together. Lara was picked up by Max as he had to go to England but wouldn't be back for two weeks so he decided tto bring Lara with him leaving Isla alone with Charles. Charles rubbed Isla's hand with his thumb gently. He felt perfectly content just like this. A perfect way to start the week. "Isla?" Isla looked back towards him, a soft smile sat upon her face making his heart skip a beat. "I've been thinking a lot." Isla nodded. "So have I actually." Charles could feel his hopes being built up higher and higher as if they were a tower. "Really? What about?" he asked, eager as ever. "I think we should stay friends for a while." and just like that, Charles felt his world crumble into pieces. "What?"

"Well, I don't want to have the same problems with you like I did with Max so I think we should do what you suggested and just stay friends for a while." Charles couldn't believe what she was saying. Not even a few days ago she wanted to be together and now she went and changed it all up. "But, I was so ready to love you princesse. I wanted to kiss you and have you be mine forever." Isla's heart broke. Of course she wanted him but for that reason, she had to know him better so she didn't make the same mistake with Charles. "Are you serious? Are you deliberately trying to crush me?" he asked breathlessly. "Charles, I know what it's like to be crushed, I would never-" He slammed his hand onto the table. "Well it feels like you are crushing me."

"Charles, I don't want that. I just-" she was cut off by Charles standing up. "You're just what?" she scoffed. "If you'd shut up and let me finish you'd know!" she spat. "Oh let me play Sherlock Holmes and finish the sentence for you. You just want to get to know me better but we both know what that means. It's basically a code for 'I'm probably going to end up in Max's bed again'." Isla's face dropped as anger coarse through her veins, followed by disappointment. Charles on the other hand was already filled with regret but much like other drivers, he was too proud to admit that. "You know where the door is Charles." Without having to be told twice, he walked out and slammed the door shut behind him.

Isla walked into her room and plopped herself onto her bed. Why was almost every driver she met such a dickhead? She had this underlying thought planted into her mind that she was the cause of it all, sleeping around and getting involved in stuff and that thought wouldn't go away. It kept growing and growing until it was the only logical explanation to why Charles had left. Isla once again picked up her phone and typed up some lyrics, humming a tune as she did so. At this rate, she'd have an album in no time.

Hours had passed since she started and she found herself strumming her guitar, finally putting a melody to the song she wrote for once. She smiled once she had gotten near to being finished and lay down fully, looking up tok the ceiling letting the silence fill the void within her mind. Isla couldn't help but feel lonely in that moment. There was something missing. "Tell me is it loud where you are dear? There's a silence here." Isla looked at the empty space she lay beside feeling a tear prick at her eyes. "Where are you anymore?"

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated this book in a while, I was super busy with school and it appears my thumb is sprained. I am probz gonna upload again on Saturday because that chapter is well underway and my oh my am I looking forward to it...