0.23 Cleopatra

Isla and Lando sat talking almost all day. She felt like she made a friend that day and she did. After a few hours, Lando stood up. "So, I said I was going to go to the club but since I've got a friend now how about we both go?" he offered. Isla smiled at his offer. "As long as you let me stop off at mine quickly and get ready. I'm not going looking like this." Isla laughed pulling at her jumper. "Fine by me. It means I'm not going to be dancing by myself for once." he smiled. "You don't dance-"
"Yeah, I don't dance." Lando chuckled before walking out to his car with her.

After stopping off at Isla's place, off they went to a club to dance the night away. Lando didn't drink all that much, in fact he didn't drink at all. Isla felt bad about drinking so she stopped drinking alcohol quickly enough but without alcohol, it got awfully boring. "You look bored." Lando said loud enough for her to hear. "I am." she replied. "Wait, that sounded so rude. I'm sorry." Lando laughed and shook his head. "No, no. You're fine. Don't worry about it." Lando said. "Do you want to go then?" Isla looked around and nodded. "Yeah, let's go then." Lando walked out of the club with her and decided to go and get some food instead. "What would you like? I'll pay, don't worry." Isla looked at the menu for the cheapest possible option. "Erm...maybe just some fries. I'm not even hungry." Isla lied. Lando figured she was lying and ordered large fries to eat with her since he himself was a bit peckish. After the pair were served their food, they decided to walk back home and have a chat while eating.

"So what exactly were we planning on doing tonight?" Lando asked, picking up yet another chip. "Honestly, I just wanted to relax, forget whatever was happening." Isla replied a bit saddened. "And did you?" She shook her head in response. "Well then, the night is still young so let's just mess about. Do whatever we want. It doesn't matter as long as you feel better." Lando chirped. Once Isla pushed through the door of her apartment, she plopped down onto the floor and leaned against her sofa, kicking her shoes off. This feeling felt all too familiar. "Do you mind if I sit down?" Lando asked. "Not at all. Do you want tea or anything?" Lando shook his head. "No thanks. Is that you and Max?" Lando asked looking up at the photo on the wall. Max held a little newborn baby in his arms, pride written all over his face and clearly crying. A little to the side was Isla, holding onto his arm, sweating from the long lasting hours of agony that was childbirth. "Just when Lara was born. We haven't been in a photo together since." Isla replied. Lando looked over to the cabinet and grinned at all the shiny metals of her awards glimmering as the light hit them. "Wow, look at you. I've never seen this many awards." Isla smiled to herself. She worked so very hard on all of them, she felt like she deserved it. "Yeah well, sometimes it feels boring winning. I prefer losing because it makes me work even harder and makes the reward much more enjoyable."

Lando spun around and looked at Isla. She was a popstar yes, but she didn't exactly look like one. By that, he meant she didn't look like how they did in the magazines and music videos. He was seeing the broken, tired version of the popstar for the very first time, chipped nails, smudged makeup and messy hair. "Can I do your nails?" he asked quickly, catching Isla by surprise. "What?" she asked, still in disbelief. "Your nails look a bit chipped. I do my sister's nails whenever I'm back home and I haven't seen her in a while so do you mind if I do your nails?" Isla shook her head and stretched her hands out onto the table. "Where are you nail paints?" he asked. "In that drawer over there." Lando quickly moved stuff around the drawer and pulled out some red and black nail paint. "Okay, I'm a bit rusty at this but I will try my best." Lando said dipping the brush into the paint and already swishing the brush. Isla observed, feeling completely relaxed at the feeling. "You're quite good." Isla remarked as he delicately finished the very last nail. "Can you do my hair next?" she joked but of course, Lando took it seriously. "I mean, I don't know if you saw me cut my hair last year but if you trust me, I'll do it." She had nothing else to lose so why not. "Scissors are in the second drawer in the kitchen."

Lando shakily opened up the scissors and had them ready to start cutting. "So just to clarify, you want me to cut your hair?" Isla sighed and nodded. "I want my hair cut. Short like Cleopatra." Lando gulped. "Really? That short?" Isla thought for a few more seconds and shook her head. "Actually, just about at my shoulder would be fine." she smiled as Lando proceeded to snip away at the strands of hair, trying desperately to perfect it. About halfway through the hair cutting, Lando chuckled to himself. "What?" Isla asked a bit panicked. "Oh nothing, I just thought this is a very breakup thing to do. Anyway, do you want music on?" Isla handed Lando her phone to throw on some music. "Yes but skip the sad love songs. I need something faster." Lando nodded and put on some upbeat, cheesy music. "I got this feeling, inside my bones. It goes electric, wavey when I turn it on." he sang. "Really? Of all the songs." Isla chuckled. "It's good! You can choose the song next." Lando and Isla sang passionately along with the song, laughing at the other from time to time. "Alright, I think I'm finished." Lando said taking his hands away from the hair. Isla opened up her camera and looked at her hair through the phone. "My oh my Lando Norris, you're decent at cutting hair." she chuckled. "Right, what's the next song then?"

Isla scrolled through her Spotify and spotted Shut Up and Dance With Me. "How about this one?" she asked showing Lando. "I love that song." Isla connected her phone to her speaker and dragged Lando to the middle of the living room to dance with her. The amount of crazy things she encountered with her newfound friend was bonkers. She got her nails done, cut her hair off and was now dancing for no apparent reason other than to forget Charles and Max and you know what? It actually worked. She smiled and sang, jumping around with Lando. She felt like her normal self again, not a better or worse version, exactly who she was before she met any drivers, all thanks to the British driver holding her hand dancing to 2010 music. "I thought you didn't dance?" Isla joked. Lando grinned at her but didn't for a second stop dancing. "Oh well, sometimes people change."

Yes, yes maybe they do.