0.22 I Have Questions

Isla walked up the stairs to Charles apartment. She wanted to surprise him and maybe make him some lunch. She took the keys out of her pocket as quietly as she could and turned the lock before pushing the door through. "Hey Charles-" she looked over to the sofa, looking at a long trail of clothes leading to his bedroom. Who the hell was in here? She crept closer and closer to the room, more and angry with every step. Weren't they provisionally together now? He said right after Paul Ricard they were together. She grabbed the handle and swung the door open to see Charles on top of someone. "Charles? What the fuck is going on?" she yelled. Charles opeeneed and closed his mouth, trying to find an explanation. The sense broke through the drink and made him relise what he was doing was wrong. "I-I'm sorry." he stuttered. "You better be fucking sorry! And you, who the everloving fuck are you?" Isla tugged the sheets away and froze in shock at who was there. Alyssa. "Are you kidding me right now? First you sleep with Max when I start dating him and now Charles? Fuck you! Fuck both of you! Yes, Max was a dumbass but he had the decency to break up with someone before he slept with someone else!" Isla cried slamming the doors shut behind her and running out to the streets of Monaco more than likely back to Max.

She walked quickly enough so people wouldn't see her. She was furious, angry...broken. It appears that her songs always had to be sewn into reality creating a living nightmare. She hummed along to the tune of I Have Questions. Isla had finally reached the door and knocked at it rapidly. Surprisingly enough, she found an unfamiliar face open the door. "Oh erm. Is Max here?" she asked. "Did he not tell you? He's gone to England." It just hurt her where he was. She groaned. "Sorry, do you mind if I come in?" The man looked a little hesitant to let her in and didn't really know what was going on. "I don't even know you. I don't even know if Max knows you." he said. "I'm Isla Abascal, I'm his ex and I usually talk to Max when I'm stressed but since you are here you'll have to do."

Isla walked by the man and sat down on the couch, bouncing her leg on the ball of her foot. From what he had seen so far, the man came to a conclusion that she was stressed about something and decided he would try and take her mind off of whatever it was bothering her. "So Isla, what do you do?" he asked. Isla stared at him blankly. How did he not know? Was it a joke? "I'm a singer. What about you?" she asked. "I'm a driver." That's all it took for her to be annoyed. Drivers. "And what is your name then?" she asked folding her arms across her chest. "Lando, Lando Norris." He replied. "Like the Star Wars character?" she chuckled. "I don't even think my mum has seen it to be perfectly honest. She just heard the name and liked it I guess."

Isla chuckled to herself and lay down on the sofa, looking up to the ceiling. "So, I'm guessing something is on your mind." Lando asked. Isla looked back at him. "Wonder where you got that idea." she joked. "Come on, you can tell me if you like." Isla didn't want to open up to this stranger. "I'd rather not if that alright." she replied. Lando watched as she delved back into her thoughts. He felt bad for her, god knows what must have been on her mind. "I think I'm just worked up, that's all. Everything is going to shit right now so I'm waiting for it all to end. Hopefully it's soon." Lando walked over to her and perched himself on the coffee table as she looked over to him a bit confused. "Let's act as if we aren't strangers then. How are you?" Isla felt herself loosening up a bit as she heard his soft voice make its way to her ears. "Alright I think." she replied through a forced smile. "Did you have a good day?" and just like that, she felt herself crumbling again. "To be completely honest, no."

"Well listen up Girlypop, I heard from somebody that no one has told you this today-" he was cut off by Isla's laugh. "And who's that?" she asked. Lando shrugged his shoulders and continued on. "A little birdy. Anyway, this little birdy told me that you hadn't been told this today so I'm just gonna go ahead and say it." he paused, leaving Isla in anticipation. "I am very proud of you." Isla took in a small breath as she heard the words. She couldn't remember the last times she'd ever heard them before, it was a nice comfort of some sort. "I'm so proud of you and you know what? You should be proud of yourself too for whatever you did today and do you want to know why?" Isla nodded slowly. "Because you got out of bed this morning and gave it your best, you gave it your everything and you tried. That is all that you should ever ask of yourself. I don't want to hear you talking down to yourself, I don't want you to tell yourself that you haven't done enough today because even though you might not have given a hundred percent today, maybe you only had thirty percent I don't know, you still gave a hundred percent of that thirty percent today and it counts. It still counts." Isla's eyes welled up with tears as the words of encouragement tumbled from Lando's mouth. "and whatever you are going through, I'm sure they'll pass. I'll make sure they pass. You're doing great."

Isla found herself silently sobbing as the words ran around her mind. She had just met this guy and she felt a new friendship blossoming. She says friendship because she simply still loved Charles. "Can I tell you a secret Lando?" he nodded. "I'd absolutely love myy Happily Ever After and right now, I can only ever see a real Happily Ever After with Charles. I might not ever get my happy ever after now." She had no idea why, especially after what he done but she still loved him but this stranger whom she just met a few minutes ago saying he was proud of her was all the difference and comfort she needed in her life to get back to where she wanted to be, where she had to be. Even if it meant she didn't have Charles or anyone else to back her, she had herself and she would go on to do whatever it was she had to, to get back to where she was. That once happy girl, not giving a fuck.

But one thing still stayed the same

She still had questions...