0.06 Living Proof

"Isla! Come on! Charles might be here any minute!" Alyssa squealed running around and picking up stuff. "Can you relax? We're going for breakfast." Alyssa had been running around after Isla all morning because for the first time in ages, Isla was going out on a date. She was rambling on and on about why Charles was better and it was getting kind of annoying. "Alyssa, I get it. He's better now can you please, please be quiet. I don't know what to do. I haven't been out in ages." Alyssa laughed at her friend's uncertainty. "You'll be fine! You still had the moves to get him to bring you on a date." True but it wasn't that convincing of an argument. A knock came from the door. Isla's heart rate quickened as she stepped closer and closer to her door. She let out a long exhaled breath and opened the door with a smile, only to be faced with Max holding Lara and her belongings in his hand. "You're not- nevermind. You have her until one Max." Isla said resting her hand on her hip. "Yes but I have places to be." He replied handing the baby over. "So do I! Max, I've already made plans for now." she protested. "As I said before, I also have plans. I need to fly out to England for racing stuff."

"Yeah, definitely. You'd think you'd tell me while we were making the visiting routine." Max bit his tongue to prevent him from saying anything. "What do you want me to say? How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?!" he asked. "Once Max! You have to say it once!" Max froze almost like his mind was buffering. "Well then...I'm sorry." Isla took the bag off Max. "Well apology accepted." she replied. Max let out a huff. "I'll see you when you get back then Max." and with that she closed the door. Isla walked back to the living room with Lara. Alyssa heard some babbling and turned her head around in surprise. "Is he taking the piss?" she asked absolutely seriously. "Nope, he has to go do stuff for Red Bull in England and I've got no one to babysit."

"Isla, you know I would but I have to fly back to LA. I've got stuff going on." Alyssa said. "Yeah, yeah. I know that and I don't expect you to babysit all the time. I'll just tell Charles to come back some other day when I don't have Lara here." Isla sighed as she rubbed the bridge of her nose. "It's frustrating, I know. I don't know how you put up with Max for two years honestly. You deserve an award for that." Alyssa joked. "I don't have any space left in my trophy cabinets for anymore awards. Might just go and build a new one." Alyssa stood up and grabbed her backpack. "Well I'll be back next week so see you then and if you need anything just call me." Alyssa said hugging Isla. "What are you gonna do? Swim out?" Isla joked. "That's the great thing about being a celebrity, we've got private planes at the ready." Isla laughed at the joke and let Alyssa leave. Now she was entirely by herself with nobody other than her sleeping baby.

Isla paced around the room thinking of what she was going to tell Charles that she couldn't go out with him because of Lara but she couldn't figure out how to say it...nicely. She was put on her toes as she heard the door bering knocked meaning Charles was there. She peaked through the peak hole and saw Charles with a small bouquet of flowers. You wouldn't think they'd just met a few days ago. She opened the door and looked at him. She couldn't help but smile. "Good morning princesse." Charles chirped. "Good morning to you." Charles held the flowers out for her to take them. "I got these on the way over. I had to look up what flowers you liked and you said in an interview you liked tulips so i went with that." Isla blushed and bit the inside of her lip. "Erm Charles, I can't actually go out today. Max kinda...left me with Lara because he has some stuff with Red Bull so my hands are tied here." she said apologetically. Charles looked behind her and saw a heap of baby stuff all over the place. "How about I just make you breakfast here?" Isla was in shock. "I- are you sure?" Charles nodded. "I did promise you breakfast."

Isla sat down on the couch and watched Charles get down to work to make her breakfast. "Where are your eggs princesse?" he called from the kitchen. "In the fridge." To say she was shocked was an understatement. "Why are you just staring at me?" he asked a bit confused. "I just- never had a man make mee brreeakfast before." Isla admitted. Charles furrowed his eyebrows. "So Max never made you some breakfast no?" Isla shook her head. "Rude." He chuckled. "How do you like your eggs by the way? Is an omlette okay?"

"An omlette is just fine." she said leaning her cheek on her hand just watching him get to work. He looked like a painting in motion. Living Proof of heaven on earth. Oh, that would be a good song idea. She grabbed her phone and began typing her thoughts.

Where did you come from baby?
Were you sent to save me?
There's God in every move,
And he's the living proof.

"What are you writing?" Isla brought the phone back to her chest and hid the screen. "A new song?" Isla nodded her head. "Well I won't ask for a spoiler don't worry." He was fucking perfect. Charles placed the plate of food onto the table on the balcony. "I'll be back out with more stuff in a second princesse." He added as he scurried back to the kitchen to collect a cup and glass with the choice of coffee or orange juice. Isla smiled at the sight before her. "I don't even treat myself like this." Isla muttered before eating a piece of omlette. "Leave the treating up to me, princesse." He said sipping his coffee. "Why do you call me princesse?" she asked curiously. "What?" Charles was caught of guard by the sudden question. "Nothing, I just wanna know why you call mee princesse when we don't even know each other that well." she said trying to figure him out. "Would you prefer it that I didn't call you that or?"

"No! I love it. I just wanna know why that's all." Charles smiled softly at her. "It's the first name that comes to mind." He said leaning back in his chair. "Did Max ever call you princess or I don't know, a nickname at all?" Isla chuckled and picked up her glass of juice. "He did at the start but during the last few months, let's just say lots of names were thrown, none of them were endearing." Charles felt his heart strings being tugged at. "I'm sorry to hear that." He said. "Nah, it's alright. Looking back, I'm kinda glad we're over. We aren't holding each other back and as a bonus," she paused. "I get to have breakfast with you." Charles lifted his glass and clinked it with hers. "Well cheers to that."

The moment was unfortunately cut short as Lara began crying. Isla let out a sigh and got up to go to check on her. She picked up the distressed baby and held her close. The crying quietened down as she walked out to thee balcony and found that Lara just liked looking out over the view. "She has a good taste in views." Charles jokes. "She does but she can't stay out here all day until she falls asleep." Charles found his next golden opportunity hidden in plain sight and grabbed a hold of it. "How about we all go for a walk down the coast?" Isla looked at him as if he had two heads. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" he asked.

"You in know what? Why don't you just go and get 'Saint' tattooed on your forehead?!" she said sarcastically. Charles chuckled and went to get their coats. "You go change Lara and I'll get the baby stuff." Charles told her. Isla went into the nursery and looked down at her daughter. "I know. I'm as shocked as you are right now." she said to Lara. Lara all the while, hadn't a clue what was going on. "He's great isn't he?" Isla squealed. "Well of course you'd just keep quiet to stay out of trouble." Isla finished dressing up Lara and walked out to see Charles in his coat holding the baby bag over his shoulder and the pram ready to go. "Well then, ready to go princesse?" he asked. Isla smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah, I'm ready to go."